Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todays Posts

Default Todays Posts

Is there any chance of extending it to maybe posts in the last 3 days or 72 hours?

My reasoning for that is that some threads seem to die off due to lack of responses, mainly I'm assuming because there is quite a bit of content on the site and I personaly just tend to look at todays posts when I first log on.
    It's only if I've got time to browse the subject forums ie, 'people', 'songs' etc, that I might pick up on a thread that I would have responded to earlier and maybe keeping the thread live. At times there are not an abundance of posters, the todays posts page sometimes contains maybe just 5 or 6 posts allowing threads to die off.

This is just my personal opinion but I do think it would get more people posting regularly rather than occassionaly.

Default Re: Todays Posts

If you click on 'whats new' rather than today's posts that brings a list of every thread thats been added to since you last logged on.
    Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather74 View Post
    If you click on 'whats new' rather than today's posts that brings a list of every thread thats been added to since you last logged on.
    Does that help?
    Ah! right Heather, thanks for that, didn't realize

One problem I've noticed is if you accedently close a window with DYR & go onto the site again all the "since you last logged on" information will be lost.
    The Trickster On The Roof

ive been making that mkistake since the day i joined up.

to be honest i thought they both the same thing.

thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather74 View Post
    Does that help?
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

To be honest I didn't know there was a difference either. Ive always gone to 'today's posts' but now, just having had a go at clicking 'today's posts' it is defaulting to 'what's new'. Is there a bug?
    1976 Vintage

Ummmm, I'm still not convinced to be honest . Both pages 'whats new' and 'todays posts' contain the same 10 topics.

My point was that I would have thought it would have been more convenient and easier to keep up with different threads if say the last 3 days posts were displayed?. That's only my personal opinion and other posters may feel differently...........thanks anyway

Today's Posts will bring back all posts in the last 24 hours from when you log in so if you last logged in 24 hours ago Today's Posts and whats new should be the same, however if you choose What's New and your last login is more than 24 hours it will return all new posts since your last visit. Also if you log in more than once a day selecting What's New will just bring back the new posts since your last visit and not all the posts within the last 24 hours. I use What's New all the time and having checked both Today's Posts and What's New are working as expected for me.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Quote Originally Posted by themilkman View Post
    Ummmm, I'm still not convinced to be honest . Both pages 'whats new' and 'todays posts' contain the same 10 topics.

My point was that I would have thought it would have been more convenient and easier to keep up with different threads if say the last 3 days posts were displayed?. That's only my personal opinion and other posters may feel differently...........thanks anyway

You can use the Advanced Search facility to search for posts in the last week, 2 weeks, month etc
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Quote Originally Posted by HG View Post
    You can use the Advanced Search facility to search for posts in the last week, 2 weeks, month etc
    Appreciate your reply and advice HG, have just done an advanced search for 'posts in the last 3 days' and got 10 varying topics spaced over the last few years, nothing specific .