Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Todays Posts

Default Re: Todays Posts

If you leave the boxes blank and go to Additional Options there is Find Posts with a dropdown list stating Any Date, clcik on the list and gives you various date options to search by (although 3 days isn't one)...
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Quote Originally Posted by HG View Post
    If you leave the boxes blank and go to Additional Options there is Find Posts with a dropdown list stating Any Date, clcik on the list and gives you various date options to search by (although 3 days isn't one)...
    Ok, thanks HG.

I have just done that HG but tbh it's rather an awkward way to find older posts, particularly if you're a new poster amd haven't been told how to navigate.

My whole point was that considering most posters who contribute tend to sign in between every 2/3 days, the 'live' posts should be visible for that amount of time so threads have longer to survive.

As we've said clicking on What's New displays everything since you last signed in, I was on holiday the week before last for a week and when I signed in I got a weeks worth of posts...
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

As we've said clicking on What's New displays everything since you last signed in, I was on holiday the week before last for a week and when I signed in I got a weeks worth of posts...
    We'll agree to disagree then , I've found it to be different, but it's your forum and I was just 'suggesting' an easier (and more simplified) way. I'll say no more.

I stay logged on and when i return to the site i just click new posts.i use the back button to return to the menu so i don't lose them.

If I visit the site, say every two days, I just visit threads that interest me and look for 'last post 2/3 days ago' and I've not missed anything.

I don't think that's why threads die, without sounding harsh (and I've killed off many threads in my time) it's probably just a lack of interest.

That said I don't read every forum and every new post and I try not to over-post myself (in one go anyway) as that can kill off threads.
    Last edited by Roz; 24-02-2013 at 03:04.