Lifebouy Soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifebouy Soap

Found this on the net didn't know where to post it so move it if there is a better place for it! I remember this so well. The smell was very strong!! Also 'Shield' soap comes to mind!

Click image for larger version

Name:	71682_290412467728050_1695458649_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	264249
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Re: Lifebouy Soap

I remember Shield but not Lifebuoy, although I suspect I probably did come across a bar or two in my day. Was it red and did it smell like Wright's coal tar soap?
    1976 Vintage

Comment

They still make this soap.

http://www.lifebuoy.co.uk/lifebuoy.htm
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifebuoy_(soap)

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
        I remember Shield but not Lifebuoy, although I suspect I probably did come across a bar or two in my day. Was it red and did it smell like Wright's coal tar soap?
        Yes it was red. I think you could get a green one too.
        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Bit of an old post being brought up. Red Lifebuoy soap if memory serves correctly, was carbolic soap. It stunk for ages. One bath in this, the "aroma" would last a MONTH. I don't know if it still on sale in Britain, has there was issues with carbolic on people's skin. Coal tar soap is not available in Britain. Wright's coal tar soap, which I use, is scented to smell like coal tar. If it was real coal tar soap, it would be black.
          Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Lifebuoy isn't officially available in Britain but it can be found in some Indian shops.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
              Lifebuoy isn't officially available in Britain but it can be found in some Indian shops.
              Arran, thanks for this information. I'll keep a look out.
              Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I remember my family once having some green coal tar soap, can't remember the brand.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yes sure do remember lifebuoy soap -I remember the cross that was etched into the bar..
                  similar ones were Zest - a lovely lemon soap that was great- can't seem to get that any more...
                  and Shield - a bluey/green marble type soap - not as good as Zest.

Just a fact on coal-tar soap, apparently the molecules that make up coal tar were also used to develop Heroin, and Asprin !

Another soap that seems quite rare, but still available is the transparent orange/amber soap 'Pears' - in it's oval shape- but it has a horrible after-smell !

Comment

That lifebuoy soap if its the one im thinking of i did like it and i loved the smell of it.

Im sure i used to smell the soap. Lovely.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                    X