Cover Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover Up

Anyone rememeber Cover Up (Bonnie Langford's I need a hero was the theme song) starring the late Jon Erik-Hexum? From Wikipedia -

"Fashion photographer Dani Reynolds's life suddenly changes after the death of her husband. It is only then that she discovers that he was actually an undercover CIA agent. When she learns he had been murdered, she recruits Mac Harper, a former Marine Special Forces Operative, to help her find her husband's killers."

The main star died mid series and was replaced, again from Wikipedia -

"During a break between scenes on the Cover Up set on October 12, 1984, Jon-Erik Hexum jokingly placed a blank-loaded .44 Magnum prop gun to his temple and pulled the trigger. The shot sent the wadding from the blank cartridge into Hexum's skull, driving a bone fragment the size of a quarter into his brain and causing massive hemorrhaging. Hexum was rushed to the hospital, where he eventually was declared brain dead. On October 18, he was taken off life support."

I used to love this programme, didnt last too long though.

Re: Cover Up

Intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XPoqjpAqbA

Comment

Do you know what, I definitely remember watching that, but the actors aren't the one's that I thought played the characters ..........it's old age I suppose

Comment

Reviving this old thread, as it showed as a related thread under a new one.

Originally posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
        Anyone rememeber Cover Up (Bonnie Langford's I need a hero was the theme song) starring the late Jon Erik-Hexum? From Wikipedia -

"Fashion photographer Dani Reynolds's life suddenly changes after the death of her husband. It is only then that she discovers that he was actually an undercover CIA agent. When she learns he had been murdered, she recruits Mac Harper, a former Marine Special Forces Operative, to help her find her husband's killers."

The main star died mid series and was replaced, again from Wikipedia -

"During a break between scenes on the Cover Up set on October 12, 1984, Jon-Erik Hexum jokingly placed a blank-loaded .44 Magnum prop gun to his temple and pulled the trigger. The shot sent the wadding from the blank cartridge into Hexum's skull, driving a bone fragment the size of a quarter into his brain and causing massive hemorrhaging. Hexum was rushed to the hospital, where he eventually was declared brain dead. On October 18, he was taken off life support."

I used to love this programme, didnt last too long though.
        Yes. I remember the show. Used to enjoy it. The theme wasn't Bonnie Tyler (not Langford) though, though she famously did the song too. The theme tune was sung by E G Daily.

Comment

Originally posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
          I have only just come across this thread, but the thought of Bonnie Langford doing that song almost made me wet myself with laughter!

It would probably be a case of I'll sing and sing until I'm sick!
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            I have only just come across this thread, but the thought of Bonnie Langford doing that song almost made me wet myself with laughter!

It would probably be a case of I'll sing and sing until I'm sick!
            Yes they are opposite ends of the vocal spectrum.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
            X