Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which famous people have you met / seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive met "benny" from crossroads. Mike Reid opened a shop near me once in the 80s.
    And ive shook hands with Jim Davidson in Great Yarmouth when i was in his nightclub.
    Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

Peter Davidson, Jerry Doyle (Garibaldi from Babylon 5), saw Bonnie Langford in M&S in Cardiff, and got kissed on the cheek by Polly James when I was about 5

Comment

Lee Warburton who played Tony Horrocks in Corrie,
        Paddy Crerand, Man U captain in the 60s,
        Mick McCarthy, and
        John Barnes.

I also got beaten up 10yds from where Suzi Quatro was playing.
        Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Oh yeah, Pauline McGlynn( aka Mrs Doyle of Fr Ted ) sat down beside me in a pub & had a cup of tea once. We got talking, she's really nice.
          Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

I was a huge snooker fan as a teenager. In the late 80s, following a Christmas visit to my parents, I was in Heathrow on my way home to Toronto, and found myself in a long lineup that was blocking access to the Concorde lounge. After stepping back to allow a passenger to pass through, I glanced up and realized it was Cliff Thorburn (at the time, my favourite player). I did a perfect double-take, staggered forward, and Willie Thorne just about fell over me. He was extremely nice about it, and even apologised, even though the collision was obviously my fault.
            The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

my best celebrity meet was the legendery terry nutkins ( animal magic / really really wild show ) i saw ol tez as he was in my town to do a talk on conservation ... and i walked up and said HELLO MR NUTKINS ... . (as my mates scarpered in embarassment ) he is a top bloke and has half a finger due to a hand / otter interface ....
              A HOUSE WITHOUT A KETTLE IS A HOUSE WITHOUT A HEART .....

Comment

I did see Tony Blackburn many years ago flying in by helicopter to open a new shopping centre - probably the 1970s. I did not get close enough for an autograph though!
                I also met Be-Bop Deluxe singer/guitarist Bill Nelson after a concert in Brighton, and I still have the signed programme to this day.
                I know Tullulah mentioned him earlier, but I was once on a domestic flight between Gatwick and Manchester when "Catchphrase" star Roy Walker boarded the plane, causing a few "Here, it's that bloke off the telly" type comments! He was very nice though, and chatted to passengers as he walked to his seat.

that's about it for me meeting celebrities though....
                Old enough to know better...

Comment

I was Mollie Sugdens bridesmaid

my first one was Rod, Jayne and Freddie. Fantastic ! I was about 5 and they signed my magic roundabout book. Do they count?
                  I met Duran Duran when they flew into Gatwick and I bumped into Roger Taylor walking down the road in Manchester. Spoke total gibberish.

Some bloke was trying to ponce a cigarette off me in a hotel and was saying about some band he was in and how they were playing in the UK soon.
                  I asked him anything I would have heard of and he said yeah we're called Pearl Jam.
                  Then the girl I was standing with said if you're really from Pearl Jam why don't you have your own cigarettes and he walked off hahaha.

I think that's about it. But my Dad's been mistaken for Michael Winner.
                  Hang on there are others. My hubby was on a tv show last year and we got to meet Angus Deyton. Al Murry was there and I think he's brilliant but I was to shy to say anything to him

And I walked past Huey Lewis getting on a plane and announced a bit too loudly ooooh look it's Huey Lewis. Then had to try and hide when we got off the plane cause he was standing near me waiting for his car and was giving me silly woman looks
                  Last edited by jenpoptrash; 20-08-2005, 10:33.

Comment

wow jen you have had a lot of "run-ins" pretty neat!
                    I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Also during the 90's lucky enough to meet / interview / go for drinks with a whole load of bands, including: David Bowie, PJ & Duncan (although they might have been calling themselves ant & dec by then), Oasis, Pulp, The Charlatans and loads of other "where are they now?" type guitar bands.

Comment

I met Rolf Harris twice - once when I was 10 at Butlins in Minehead, and then in Waterstones in Bristol about 15 years later. He was soooo cool. I also met Keith Harris (of "and Orville" fame) at Butlins too and was cheeky to him.

Others I've seen/met:

Most of the actors in Casualty, milling around Bristol - seen
                        Tim Wheeler, Charlotte Hatherley and Rick McMurray from Ash - met
                        Paul McGann - seen
                        Darren Day - hmm.....met unfortunately
                        Derren Brown - seen
                        Frank Carson - met

I shouted something rude at Daniel O'Donnell on his tour bus when it was parked at the back of the Bristol Hippodrome.

and apparently, J K Rowling used to live down the road.

Comment

Havent seen or met many famous people, so here they both are
                          Dan Akroyd-seen
                          Fred Williamson-met

Comment

wow pootle you've seen derren brown - he's my dream man!!!
                            No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Can't say I have officially met anyone famous but I grew up round the corner from Roger Black who went to my school (though had left by the time I got there!) and it is rumoured that Sting did his teacher training there in the early 70's too (also before I was born!)
                              My mum went to school with the boys from Wet wet wet and my friends and I stalked out Marty Pellow's house when we were about 12 ............Lol

Comment

ok here is my list of shame-

I haven't really "met" anyone that famous except for a miss universe and William (Refrigerator) Perry that use to play for the Chicago Bears. (Met him in the 80's)

I have seen from a close distance:

Barbara Streisand
                                Elton John
                                Chris Tucker
                                Mary Steenburgen and Ted Danson (They all came for the presidential library opening where I live)
                                I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Working...
                                X