Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which famous people have you met / seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we are talking seen tha's a whole other story, all the bands Keane, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, Razorlight, Ocean Colour Scene (actually I met them too, autographs )
    Is this not kinda cheating? Think of all the stage shows or public speakings we may have 'seen' Lol
    Seen Jim Carey get off his private jet too

Comment

When i was a teenager i went to an underground venue called middle earth in covent garden, and was asked to dance by a gangly guy with a large brimmed hat, i noticed he was a bit spotty and i was an awkward 17 year old a bit shy and declined, i later found out it was Jimmy Hendrix who just happened to be doing a gig there that night.... duh!!!
      Also met Joan Sims of the carry on team, her mother lived next door to mine and she was a regular visitor. I have also met and interviewed Dennis Taylor and Willy Thorne. Betty Boothroyd, Chris Marsden, and bumped into roses grow on you Norman Vaughn on his way into a bank in southend.

Comment

quite a few famous ppl went to my school:

Fran Healy - Travis
        Jim Kerr - Simple Minds
        Joe McFadden - actor
        Lee McConnell - 400m sprinter

Comment

i danced with the grumbleweeds, chuckle brothers, brian conley, diana dors, rod hull and emu when i used to be in drama school.

met mark lawrenson and alan shearer in a nightclub once
          the main one was robbie williams in hull - haven't washed my face since he kissed me x

Comment

well i'm not going to come across as a nice person but here goes....

was meeting some friends in heathrow,one of them is absolutely crackers!!!!anyway when i walked into the bar my friend shouts out at the top of his voice,oi! look whos over here,i walked over to sit with him and my other mates and who was sat next to us but sharron from eastenders,she was cringing as my friend was shouting at the top of his voice, cor look at her she's a big girl aint she!!she pretended to talk on her mobile and was really embarresed as my friend would not stop going on about her.i think i was cringing as much as her as this guy is really loud and doesnt care what he says.well to top this,my loud crazy friend then shouts out very loudly whos that tw** with two pairs of glasses on and in walked chris evans with a large group of hangers on,he was wearing two pairs of glasses by the way,one on his head and one as normal.well the place erupted in laughter and chris evans didnt look too happy.
            moral of the story is dont hang around with complete nutters!!!!!
            these are the only famous people i have been anywhere near.

Comment

Duncan Norvelle!Not met him,but he rang me!

Duncan Norvelle rang me last Saturday! Apparently his mates saw he had a fans group on the net (mine) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/duncan_norvelle/ and told him, so he decided to take a look.
              He rang to thank me for the group! How cool is that! He is such a nice fella!
              Last edited by foxyminx; 10-03-2006, 14:49. Reason: error

Comment

Met Richard Whiteley,Geoff Druett from Calendar

I used to work at a hotel in Barton-upon-Humber in the 70s/80s and we had the ITV crew land in a helicopter in the grounds of the hotel as they were staying there. I got to meet briefly Richard Whiteley (he didnt want to stop & chat) and Geoff Druett (he was friendly though) I got Geoff`s autograph.Carol Barnes was there too I didnt meet her but saw her go out to the helicopter.
                My claim to fame is that I can say I cleaned the (seperate)rooms of Richard Whiteley and Geoff Druett and tidied Richard`s clothes up for him, for some reason i distinctively remember folding up a blue v-necked sweater,size 42". Not much of a claim to fame eh? Doh!

Comment

• I used to go to the same primary school as Jude Law in a school in Blackheath called John Ball
                  • I have seen Mariella Frostup
                  • I have seen the twin that was in Neighbours - really cant remember thier name, but thry had brown hair - yes i know it is very vague
                  • I have seen that bloke in corri who played the character Jim Macdonaldi
                  Will come back tot he thread once i rememebr more...

Comment

Texan bars are not the same now as they were then. Also remember when there was a national shortage of wispa bars and u were rationed in the shops only allowed to buy one.

Comment

I met Robbie Williams guitarist Fil Eisler at Kentish Town Forum,London in 1998 after a Robbie concert, girls were mobbing him (I wasnt) so he didnt have time to talk but he did sign his autograph for me. still got it somewhere

Comment

I trod on Julian Lloyd Webber (Andrew's brother)'s foot in Virgin megastore on Oxford Street once.

He was big, I was small but I came out of it unscathed.

Comment

I went to school with Kirsty Macoll, didn't know her very well as she was a lot younger than me. Vince Hilaire, Peter Nicholas, Jim Cannon and Billy Gilbert (all ex Crystal Palace footballers) came to my wedding (my Wife worked there)

Comment

Alf Ramsey; George Best, Tommy Docherty, John Gorman (Scaffold), Lynda Chalker MP, Stan Boardman, and have the distinction of completely ignoring George Michael when he stood next to me outside New St Station, Birmingham.

Comment

Met:
                              Henry Cooper; Emlyn Hughes; Ben Roberts (Conway from the Bill); Chuck Berry; Joan Armatrading; Simon May (Eastenders theme artist); David Newman (from Newman & Baddiell); Kevin Lloyd (Tosh from the Bill); Jack Jones (ask your dad); Su Pollard; Gary Terza; Chris Serle and loads of others.
                              Van_Whistler (too young to understand - old enough to know better)

Comment

Went to school with Martin Rossiter of indie band GENE, who had reasonable success in the mid 90s.

He used to work in our local Victoria Wine and Watford Our Price records!
                                Cult DVD movies, DVD TV programmes and T Shirts.

Comment

Working...
                                X