Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which famous people have you met / seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met Jim Bowen at a football presentation. I opened the door to the gents a bit too hard, didn't know he was coming out of the toilets, and smashed it into his knee. I was only about 16 and the miserable git had a right go at me. Never like him since.

Comment

Awwwwww super, smashing, great Jim not, didn't he narrate a kids story series once too, recall he maybe have been sitting on a throne, lol, toilet link there someplace too.

Comment

Met Jim Davidson on generation game a few years ago . I was there supplying a lifeboat for a game where the contestants had to dress in lifeboat apparell.
        We had to be there all day for rehersals and he was such a tw*t, he kept having tantrums and storming off. He would then reappear all calm again and all his studio crew would geeing him up, cuddling him and making a right fuss. Then all of a sudden, his lines would be wrong and he would storm off again. It was shocking , but hilarious all the same.
        Jethro was there too, he was a top bloke and let us into his dressing room where he cracked jokes for us while in makeup for the show.

Comment

Met John Craven of Newsround fame at Manchester Airport about 20 years ago. Got my photo taken with him!!!!

Now thats A-List celebrity spotting !!!!

Comment

i have met and spoken to molly sugden , tony hart , cris evans , arthur english , wolf from gladiators , bella emberg , oh and i attended a car crash near guildford and there was a person in the crashed car rendering aid to the female driver i asked him what happened and he told me what he knew , it was not until later on that i was told that the person i kicked out of the car was DAMON HILL .

Comment

As a kid I went into the post office in Hest Bank and met Eric Morecambe... lovely lovely man.
              Recieved my gold medal for ballet off Wei Wei Wong..... hostess on the Golden Shot.
              Served Patrick Moore and John Noakes countless times in shop I worked in.
              Went to same school as Charity Dingle... however she is so much younger than me.
              Was in same classes as Keiran Flynn (All Quiet on the Preston front) ....I knew him as Stephen Flynn back then.
              Terry Pratchett.... but as that was a book signing does it really count?
              David Jason... held the door at Selfridges in London for me.
              Got a wave off Ritchie Blackmore (Rainbow) as he let us into traffic in London.... mind you I was on the back of a superb Harley!
              Nigel Mansell.... unfortunately as this involved my motorbike, him and the Quarterbridge Roundabout on the Isle of Man.
              The wonderful little man Norman Wisdom gave me a lift into Douglas from the hospital I worked in in his red MG Midget. What an absolute sweetheart.
              Rick Wakeman... handing over raffle gifts which I had had the pleasure of writing to him to ask if he would donate something.
              Gerald Sangster race horse owner.... does a phone call count?
              Hunter and Cobra (Gladiators) in New Street Birmingham
              sigpic
              Mrs Oggy
              ~~~*~~~*~~~
              Count your friends amongst the stars....
              And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Miss, or rather Momma popular eh......?

Comment

Re: Which famous people have you met / seen?

We went Strawberry picking when I was about 10 (now 32) and corri's Percy Sugden aka Bill Waddington was there, he to was strawberry picking, he gave both my Nana and I a signed photo, and said he'd think about us every time he was on set! He was really nice to us, and he made my nana's year.
                  Last edited by Heather74; 21-05-2007, 10:40.
                  Heather

Comment

Went to school with Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley, Corry)
                    Dominic Brunt (Paddy the vet, Emmerdale)

Comment

Went to primary school with the Wallace boys (Football) Raymond & Rodney. The singer Gabrielle also went to the same school apparently..... I didn't know her she's much younger than me!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I saw Phil Hartnoll of Orbital in town today

Comment

Originally posted by karenbrown18 View Post
                          Went to primary school with the Wallace boys (Football) Raymond & Rodney. The singer Gabrielle also went to the same school apparently..... I didn't know her she's much younger than me!!
                          She probably still is

Comment

I,ve served Kevin Keagon - when I worked at Crystal palace stadium in the boxes.
                            I've met Sue Pollard (Hi De Hi) - on Oxford street outside a flower shop
                            I once asked directions from Lionell Blair when I was once lost in Kensington
                            I had lunch with colleagues in cafe and on sitting at the table next to us was Lee Grantham and this other guy who used to be in the Bill but can't remember his name now,
                            I met Anna Wing (who played Lou Beale from Eastenders) - I was at her house to install some home security equipment ...

Comment

I met John Craven when i was about 8, he was a top bloke. I also met Rowan Atkinson at an Aston Martin meeting at Silverstone, he was a bit strange, perfectly ok if you were talking about the cars but any mention of Blackadder or Mr Bean and he stopped talking.

Comment

- Jumped the skeleton bloke from the Stereo MCs when we were recording at the same studio in Berwick Street, also met PM Dawn there when they were recording their first album.
                                - Frank Skinner reckoned I managed to silence him with a playground put down once when I went to see his chat show whilst drunk. Zoe Ball spoke to me there too.
                                - Was on a fishing club work party as a kid and Zammo (from Grange Hill) asked to borrow my brother's shovel. I told my brother to "just say no" which didn't impress Zammo.
                                - Came out of the Ministry of Sound in the mid nineties to go to a petrol station and Roland Browning was coming out, to be met by a barrage of "why do you hate me rowlaaaand" from us all. He kept replying "p*ss off" so we just kept saying it. He's a big lad.
                                - Saw Lionel Blair shopping in Woking with his latino... erm.. mate.
                                - Gave some bloke abuse in a Woking carpark when he drove the wrong way into the lower level, turned out to be Nick Cotton (who was in panto).
                                - Spoke to Melvin Hayes in a club in the early nineties while abusing Nick Berry.

There are more but I can't remember them now, it's an age thing you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X