Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which famous people have you met / seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which famous people have you met / seen?

Which famous people have you met, seen or know during the 70's, 80's or 90's?

I don't KNOW anyone famous, but during the 80's and 90's I met or saw the following:

The cast of Eastenders
    Inspector Wexford
    Shane Ritchie (pre Eastenders)
    Large (from Little and Large)
    Alec Gilroy from Coronation Street
    Richard and Judy
    Rolf Harris
    Buster Merryfield (Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses)
    Captain Peacock (from Are You Being Served)
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

I don't know anybody famous (at least I don't think I do).

In 1992 or 93 I met Glenn Shorrick (Little River Band) & Brian Cadd and I had the pleasure of making them coffee.

I've met/saw a couple of minor "celebrities" when I was a teen - Aussie soapie "actors" at the time and now more likely to turn up on a "whatever happened to...? list"

I know it's o.t. but last year I had the absolute pleasure of meeting James Marsters and I will have a chance to see/talk to him again in July (as well as David Fury (writer/producer) and Anthony Stewart Head).

Comment

I used to go to school with Steven Tompkinson (Ballykissangel, Brassed Off) and lived round the corner from Les Dawson and Roy Walker.
      TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!

Comment

When I was 8, my mum sent me to the local chippie..and guess who was in the queue in front... Gene Pitney.. I was that gobsmacked I couldnt remember what I had to buy so waited for him to be served and ran home...He was in the charts at the time and I thought he was brilliant...

Comment

I've met quite a few people actually but probably very few worth the mention

I had a brief chat with Paul Macartney, a long chat with Jon Pertwee, (old Doctor Who), and Emma Bunton from the Spice Girls was a very old neighbour since we were kids.

The person I most didn't want to meet was Timmy Mallet. What a halfwit

Comment

Does Mark Wingett(Jim Carver) and Trudie Goodwin (June Ackland) from the Bill count? I recently met them while they were in Australia doing a promotional tour. Despite the sometimes dodgy storylines, The Bill is still very popular in Australia.

Comment

Thora Hird was my 2nd cousin. thats about it.

Comment

In the 80's I met Patrick Mower and had my picture taken with him!
                www.notforboys.com

Comment

I met the cast of the original crossroads when i was about 7, I have also met Warrior out of gladiators and Lightning from Gladiators used to come to a shop i worked in, also met Steve Staunton, Andy Crane from childrens tv, and bill roach aka ken barlow.
                  No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

On TV
                    Warren Clarke - Dalziel
                    Colin Buchanan - Pascoe
                    David Royle - Wieldy
                    All the above obviously in Dalziel & Pascoe

Tim Healy - Dennis in Auf Wiedersehen Pet
                    John Sessions
                    Derek Thompson - Charlie in Casualty
                    The actors who played Dr Trueman in Eastenders & Andrea Dunbar in The Bill

In the world of sport :

Bobby Charlton
                    Roger Davies (Derby County football player in the '70's)
                    Dave Mackay ( Hearts, Spurs, Derby & Scotland legend of 50's, 60's, & 70's)
                    Dennis Amiss ( Warwickshire & England cricketer)
                    M.J.K. Smith ( " " " )
                    Andy Gray ( Aston Villa & Scotland football player now on Sky Sports)
                    Brian Little ( Aston Villa)
                    John Gidman ( " )

These are just off the top of my head, with apologies to whomever I forgot.

Comment

I met Russ Abbott when I worked in Toys R Us in Woking - he was buying shed-loads of toys for charity and no-one else had the guts to go and say anything to him, so I did and he was very nice If I remember rightly, he was buying My Little Pony dream castles for the girls but can't remember what the boys were going to get - what a gent!

Comment

When I lived in London I was behind Joanna Lumley in Sainsbury's but was too busy checking out the stereotypical contents of her basket to even say anything, not even thankyou for placing the next customer bar down for me!!!
                        (If ur interested she had bottles of expensive white wine and some smoked salmon) So I guess you couldn't call it exactly 'meeting' her!
                        I'm such a big Ab Fab fan as well....gutted!

Comment

Buster Merrifield

Over and over and over again... although that might have been my reccurring nightmare.

Also Sue Pollard. Hi-de-blimmin-hi

Comment

i also met Ronan Keating in 1999 (might have been 2000 not entirely sure) and got to sit next to him and have my picture taken, i wanted to ask for a snog but just decided to wish him luck going solo!
                            and met darren hayes in 1998 at the back of the NEC Birmingham i was the sad one waiting by the back door, i didn't have a camera so no pic, but he came over and said hello he asked if i wanted his jacket as i was cold and i said yes but he then replied that he was sorry but he really needed his jacket in the uk as it was freezing.
                            No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

i met warrior from gladiators (about 10 years ago) and stood behind the footballer kieran dyer in a cinema queue (last week).

Comment

Working...
                              X