BBC Television Centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC Television Centre

I came upon some interesting videos from the '70s and '80s providing a behind the scenes glimpse of this icon of British television history.

BBC Camera Department Training Film, circa 1980s

Re: BBC Television Centre

Blue Peter segment from 1974

Comment

Behind the Scenes of the Morecambe & Wise Show, 1973

Comment

Enjoyed watching the last one about Morecambe & Wise, thanks Victor.

Comment

excellent. BBC TV centre IS my childhood - it was almost a character in its own right...

Comment

Final Tour of BBC Television Centre

Comment

good to hear 3 of the studios will be kept and upgraded.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Comment

Thanks Victor The only time I ever went to BBC TV Centre was when I appeared on Kilroy December 1991. The subject was dangerous dogs. It was broadcast live from Wood Lane (BBC TV Centre) back then, but they soon started recording the programme at Elstree & Teddington, due to us public being too unreliable for live broadcast I don't know why they didn't keep it a live show with a seven second delay like on radio phone-ins. That way they have seven seconds to edit out naughty words or actions.
                  Last edited by Twocky61; 10-12-2014, 18:10. Reason: Spelling Correction
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Television Centre was so iconic to people growing up in the 70's and 80's. So many shows were made there and even if you had never visited it, its outer appearance was all too familiar thanks to programmes like Blue Peter, Record Breakers and Going Live. To a Northern kid like me places like Television Centre seemed so exciting but so far away that I'd never get to visit them. Last year I went to London in the week before TC closed and made a special trip on the tube to see it for the first time. By chance Madness happened to be rehearsing for the closing show and I watched them through the gates. I got a really happy nostalgic feeling looking at that building and thinking about all the shows That were made there.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                    X