Old Telly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Telly

Don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but I thought I would go ahead anyway.

What old telly treats did you enjoy over the holiday period? I mainly stuck to old videos and DVDs of old things, 99% of modern telly doesn't do anything for me?
    - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
    - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Re: Old Telly

The Plank was on over Christmas. 30 minutes of slapstick joy. There's also a lot of old famous faces in it.

Comment

I got rid of my licence six months ago and we've not missed having it at all. YouTube, iplayer, and Lovefilm take care of all our 'tv watching' needs. It meant that for the first time in years we watched a good film on Christmas day!

I watched s1 and s2 of The Apprentice through December (youtube) and a lot of the old episodes of Win, Lose or Draw. Both are probably old enough to be retro tv now
      I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

You still need a TV license to watch the BBC iPlayer.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

You only need a TV licence to watch or record live broadcasts.

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...rogs/tvlicence

No on demand service requires a TV license.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            You only need a TV licence to watch or record live broadcasts.

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...rogs/tvlicence

No on demand service requires a TV license.
            Mmmm, that's interesting to know Sly.

Comment

Not according to my license. Nor according to the iPlayer itself. I remember seeing a message on the site saying you have to have a license to access it.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

The weekend before Christmas itself I watched the 'Heroes & Villains' episode of 'Only Fools & Horses' which was on BBC1 or 2 (can't remember which), and this was followed almost immediately by the 1985 'Allo Allo' Christmas Special - which was basically a slightly longer episode of the normal sitcom, but it was good to see them both again (although I have the 'Only Fools..' episode on DVD).
                "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I have all the Allo Allo eps and the OFAH too, great shows. Blackadder's Christmas Carol was on too, but they never put that on the iPlayer afterwards.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

I watched the Morcombe and Wise Xmas special from 1976 - Comedy genius

The only (modern) thing I made a point of watching was Dr Who and that's only because its something that me and my son watch together (he's actually 11 and im mentally 11 )
                    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Every year I make sure to watch a few Only Fools Christmas specials.
                      Apart from the CITV weekend, there wasn't much on that interested me.
                      I spent many an hour watching advert breaks & continuity from Christmas past.
                      Trading Places was on Christmas night, but me & my friends decided to watch the Turkish remake of ET (?!?) called Badi.
                      Also a few other obscurities were viewed, it made for a rather strange evening.

Comment

I believe i am correct but if you have a video recorder or any device that can record live tv you need a licence and if you have a b/w tv and a video recorder that can record in colour you still need a colour licence.Don't know if removing the tv ariel off the roof makes a difference.But i have see the bbc i player notice about licences.but you cab download and watch later.They used to detect your tv signal and check for a licence but i don't think they can do that now many people have lcd tvs.You only pay for bbc.They should just have the option to block it and ditch the fee.Might make them get there act together.It's not worth the licence fee.
                        sigpic

Comment

i really watched very little telly over christmas this time round.

its not as god as it was 10 yrs ago.
                          no where near as many good films etc.

not really a fan of allo allo or only fools and horses.

now tradig places is superb.
                          i do love that never miss it.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
                            Don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but I thought I would go ahead anyway.

What old telly treats did you enjoy over the holiday period? I mainly stuck to old videos and DVDs of old things, 99% of modern telly doesn't do anything for me?
                            There was so much crappo on TV over christmas, I just gave up on it and watched loads of movies on DVD and Blu Ray: John Carpenter's Vampires, Hellboy, Ghosts of Mars.
                            But...I especially enjoyed the Grange Hill boxed set I have.

Comment

yes agfagaevart ill agree with you there on how bad th chrimbo telly was.

i just watched lots of old films and tv shows on youtube.
                              they have some great stuff on youtube.
                              old cartoons films etc.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                              X