Some Mothers do have them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some Mothers do have them

I have always liked Some mothers Do Have 'Um - a great Comedy indeed. How Michael did his stunts, always amazes me time and time again - to do what Michael did in how he did his stunts was just simply amazing i've always thought. It is a great programe indeed, that reprrsents my childhood in some way's which I still find it as great as did years since when I was younger

80sChav
    Last edited by 80sChav; 03-09-2012, 23:38.

Comment

that episode is the one where frank is going to the hospital to see betty.
      never knew that was elisabeth as the greengrocer.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      I think the late Elisabeth Sladen auditioned for Betty, & played a greengrocer in one episode.

There were plans for a 4th series, possibly part=financed by Australian TV (where it was very popular), but Michael Crawford didn't want to be typecast.

I did read somewhere that there was an idea for a spin-off in the 1990s with Jessica as an equally accident-prone young woman,titled Some fathers do have them.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I didn't like it. Frank spencer got on my nerves.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

A couple of years ago someone gave me the box set, so it was fun to see them again.

There was one episode that I had always missed when repeated, were Frank keeps interrupting a neighbour who's a professional writer.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

that one is superb.

every time frank visits him he always gets his doorbell stuck.haha

A couple of years ago someone gave me the box set, so it was fun to see them again.

There was one episode that I had always missed when repeated, were Frank keeps interrupting a neighbour who's a professional writer.

Comment

The episode where they moved house had the scene where Frank ended up in a vat of hot tar. It freaked me out as he looked so creepy all blacked up.

Comment

ah yes super episode that one.

keeps on gettinng his door bell stuck.
                and frank breaks into his own house cause betty basically threw him out.

Comment

Working...
                X