• Show
Clear All

Re: Model Kits

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Did anybody have one of these kits?
      Attached Files
      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Nope, but i'd have loved one! (still would)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                Anybody remember the snap together kits? The one I remember having was the Monogram kit of a Sopwith Camel piloted by Snoopy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                  Nope, but i'd have loved one! (still would)
                  and me. Off to look on E-bay now !

Comment

We had very little to amuse ouselves at my our draconian boarding school. So I took up model areoplane making. Every family visiting day Mum would bring me a new model and I would begin immediately the family left and proudly show them next time they visited. The students had a model plane competition from time to time. I recall I won it at least five times. The winner pocketed the other boys lollies. I must have made 100 model planes during those days. My fave were the Brit Spitfire and Hurricane and WW2 German bombers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
                      Some of those kits were bloody hard ! Especially if the pieces didn't fit together very well as they did sometimes. Could never do those car ones

Anyone remember Frog kits ? Now they were damnmed hard and the instructions were terrible !
                      A couple of Frog Model planes I made back in 2013 for fun.

Got the plans from somewhere.Both were good fliers and had lots of fun with them that year,Hay fever included.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                        A couple of Frog Model planes I made back in 2013 for fun.

Got the plans from somewhere.Both were good fliers and had lots of fun with them that year,Hay fever included.
                        The Frog kits I recall didn't look like those....

Comment

Mostly airfix kits, I was even in the airfix modellers club that was fronted by Dick Emery
                          i remember one of the modelling tips was to make bullet holes in the models by holding a pin in a pair of pliers, heating it up on the gas stove , and piercing the model with the pin.
                          hence I had a Sunderland flying boat that looked like a tea bag and my mother asking what was that awful smell in the kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
                            Some of those kits were bloody hard ! Especially if the pieces didn't fit together very well as they did sometimes. Could never do those car ones

Anyone remember Frog kits ? Now they were damnmed hard and the instructions were terrible !
                            i remember getting a BSA motorcycle kit from airfix and the instructions were written with one illustration of the whole exploded view and lots of instructions like , attach the front crankcase half to the left hand gearbox sprocket.
                            i threw the lot in the bin in frustration.

thing I’d I could easily do it now

Comment

I think I may still have my Airfix modelers club badge somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X