80's Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Radio

Im pretty sure most of you will know about these but for those who dont Absolute radio have dedicated stations for each decade from the 60's through to the Noughties

here is the link to the home page

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/

if you become a member (its free) it cuts out a lot of the ads

I have 80's on all day and its no repeat between 10am and 5pm so always a good variety

have fun ......
    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Re: 80's Radio

thanks for this mate.

as im a true lover of eighties music this is right up my street.
    and no repeats between 10am and 5pm WOW.

And now i never knew this.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

wow 80s none stop im up for tha
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

The problem I've found with Absolute's '80s station, is that they don't play the more obscure stuff from the era. It's usually the same old 'hits' that the other channel play.

Comment

I've noticed this for a few oldies stations that seem to stick to the best known tracks from the best known artists.

One exception was Smooth when they started up in the North West, & seemed to play lots of obscure 1970s soul.

Recently I started to put together a playlist of all the "Hidden Gems" in my collection.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I have quite a large collection but that makes it more effort to dig the tracks out i like.This is just more convenient.Not bothered with spotify and all that.
            sigpic

Comment

I am lucky enough to have been given a massive collection of 80s & 90s radio shows.
              Originally recorded on cassette, then converted to MP3.
              There's probably thousands of hours worth there, plus my friend still has hundreds of (as yet) unconverted C90s.

It's awesome to listen to entire shows from back in the day,
              A large amount of the shows are from the U.S. but there are plenty of classic U.K. shows too.

Then again, I doubt many regulars here would want to listen to Tim Westwood in 1984, it's probably some of your worst nightmares.
              Nevermind, i'm happy enough !

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                I doubt many regulars here would want to listen to Tim Westwood in 1984, it's probably some of your worst nightmares.

SAY WHAT??!!!!
                As a fan of Old Skool Hip Hop/Rap/Electro from da early aydeez... I would LOVE to get my hands on them there tapes. If you don't want them, I would gratefully take 'em of yer hands....Double quick time.

Comment

cant say ive heard of tim westwood.

you could possibly get lots of of these old radio shows a carboots.
                  the last one i wasat i saw tons of cassettes does not mean any where recordings like you speak of.
                  but there could be some.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                  I am lucky enough to have been given a massive collection of 80s & 90s radio shows.
                  Originally recorded on cassette, then converted to MP3.
                  There's probably thousands of hours worth there, plus my friend still has hundreds of (as yet) unconverted C90s.

It's awesome to listen to entire shows from back in the day,
                  A large amount of the shows are from the U.S. but there are plenty of classic U.K. shows too.

Then again, I doubt many regulars here would want to listen to Tim Westwood in 1984, it's probably some of your worst nightmares.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post
                    Im pretty sure most of you will know about these but for those who dont Absolute radio have dedicated stations for each decade from the 60's through to the Noughties

here is the link to the home page

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/

if you become a member (its free) it cuts out a lot of the ads

I have 80's on all day and its no repeat between 10am and 5pm so always a good variety

have fun ......
                    I knew about Absolute Radio jay Mc but I never knew they had Stations for each decade, it sound's amazing, I might give it a try but I like 1960s, 1970s and 1990s too though., but it really does sound good.

Though I recall when Magic first began I think they eventually altered from when they began with their type/decade's of Music changed a bit and as a result I got bored of it a little, as sadly it became too easy to have an idea of the Music played, more so at certain times too to an extent, and this would make me wonder like how many 1980s songs that can you realisticly find in such a time a Radio Station runs. I defenitly think i'll try your link jay - thanks very much for it.

80sChav
                    Last edited by 80sChav; 06-02-2013, 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post

SAY WHAT??!!!!
                      As a fan of Old Skool Hip Hop/Rap/Electro from da early aydeez... I would LOVE to get my hands on them there tapes. If you don't want them, I would gratefully take 'em of yer hands....Double quick time.
                      Haha, nice to see another 80s hip hop head here Agfagaevart, I've been listening to hip hop since 1984.
                      My collection is staying safely with me, but if you pm me I can send you some links to some classic 80s radio shows.

Comment

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
                        The problem I've found with Absolute's '80s station, is that they don't play the more obscure stuff from the era. It's usually the same old 'hits' that the other channel play.
                        During the day it is mostly mainstream hits as they are eager to pull in big listening figures but if you listen in the evenings there is usually more of the less well known hits and there are often 80's artists as guest DJ's. Sunday night is especially good

Comment

Yay I've just noticed that Im a DYR Enthusiast now and not a newbie, kind of feel like I've achieved something

I need to get out more

Comment

I tend to alternate between Absolute 80's and Smooth on digital radio. Partly because I find Smooth a little better to sleep to and Absolute 80's has a generic, non decade-specific breakfast show across all their stations.

At all other times it's A80's though, and there aren't many voiceover guys who can top Matt Berry. B)

Comment

I listen to smooth and magic on digital radio in the mornings,when the adverts come on I change channels

Comment

Working...
                              X