Knitting Jenny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knitting Jenny

I had a Knitting Jenny! I don't remember how old I was, but I got it from 'Santa Clause' and I really loved it... until it broke.I took my Knitting Jenny with me everywhere (except to school - but I think I did take it for show and tell). I made tobbogans and pocketbooks (drawstring bags), scarves, doll clothes and doll blankets.It was bright orange plastic and had some sort of plastic stick tool for lifting the bottom loops over the top loops and off the pegs. It also came with a large plastic darning needle for stitching your projects together to make things. You had to take it apart to put it back in the box. It had legs on each end and I believe they fastened on with a wingnut. There was something about the way the pieces fitted together that meant the legs held the top part together. When it broke, one of the legs broke in half so it wouldn't hold together anymore and I couldn't use it anymore.The past couple of weeks something reminded me of all the things I used to make and do and I started thinking about it, so I did a Google search and found this site. I just wanted to see one again. I was actually trying to find one on eBay after getting one of those little potholder looms from the 50's. I had always wanted one of those when I was young. All the other girls were making potholders. I think I was lucky that I got the Knitting Jenny instead. I do remember that I missed it very much after it broke. I guess I was too young to try to figure out a way to fix it - or maybe they just didn't have the kind of epoxy glues you can get now.

More...

Re: Knitting Jenny

And in case anyone is interested, here are the instructions for the old version of the Knitting Jenny (kindly supplied by Debbie E).
    Knitting Jenny instructions.pdf
    Last edited by remember; 01-02-2013, 13:20.
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for posting instructions. I recently came across my old Knitting Jenny (From about 1970) while cleaning the garage. I wanted to put instructions with it before giving it away. Sweet memories, but time to pass it on to someone else.

Comment

I still have my Knitting Jenny from my childhood. I have temporarily misplaced my instructions and do not remember how to "cast on". I would love to have the instructions for the knitting jenny but when I click the pdf link of an earlier post, nothing loads. Please check the link in the earlier post to see that it is a working link.Thank you.
        Last edited by madams; 05-10-2014, 07:15. Reason: hit enter too soon

Comment

Working...
        X