sci fi series late 1990`s -cant put a name to it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sci fi series late 1990`s -cant put a name to it

i was thinking about a sci fi programme i used to watch ive not a lot to go on which is really stupid considering i know i liked it but here goes

it was shown late at night (UK) might have been on channel 4 or sci fi channel on sky) late 1990`s (might have even been early 2000`s)

it revolved around a space ship i seem to recall the pilot had actually stolen it from somewhere (think it was shaped like a bee or some other flying insect)

im sure there was a robot whose head was a tv screen

there was a weird pale faced character may have been an assassin who looked liked edward scissor hands

any idea?

Re: sci fi series late 1990`s -cant put a name to it

I think you will looking at a short lived sci fi called Lexx.It was a bit of an odd ball program.

Comment

I really liked Lexx, it's a shame Channel 5 used to show it so late at night.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yeah, that's certainly Lexx.

It was like a black comedy, I remember it having a load of sexual innuendo in it for something of its ilk at the time.

Comment

It was certainly quirky.I missed most of it as I used to work a triple shift pattern at the time.The main attraction was the insect like space ships.I think this program was one of a kind but like so many innovative sci fi programs got cut short just as the program was kicking off.
          If I remember right most of the sexual innuendo was between the robot head who had a crush on one of the female members of the crew.Been so long since I have seen any episodes of it I could be wrong.

Comment

I am the Lexx. I am the most powerful weapon of destruction in the two universes.
            I was grown on the Cluster, which is ruled by His Shadow. The food was good there. My captain is Stanley Tweedle. I blow up planets for him.

Brilliant, a bit weird at times, and it did kinda get stupid towards the end, But I still loved this canadian sci fi, in fact I have the whole series on dvd

edit added :-
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexx
            Last edited by culnara; 03-02-2013, 15:52.
            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

The frist 2 series of Lexx were really good, the 3rd was OK but seemed to stretch a storyline over too many episodes, & I never really got into the 4th.

I've got the first series on DVD, I'll have to start collecting the rest up, but then again I say that about a lot of things.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yeah, Richard, what you said was my sentiments towards it too, first 2 brilliant, 3rd, dragged out to boogahry, 4th wtf?? oO Definately run out of steam ideas wise :S
                It did have a good finale to the show tho
                DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Working...
                X