Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else remember 70's t.v Drama 'Spearhead'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else remember 70's t.v Drama 'Spearhead'?

Hi all!!

I only have very vague memories of this but it was a drama series (I think) about the British Army on the Rhine in the 1970's..the Modern British Army at the time..hee hee..havent seen it for about 25 years or more!! cant remember who was in it or any of the stories but i remember playing with my soldier Action Men and tanks and jeep when it came on!!! loved it at the time though..

Kind regards..

Rab ;0)

Yep I recall Spearhead it was great, the lead was played by Micheal Billington, he had been in UFO and The Spy Who Loved Me.

Comment

Hi Oggy!!!

Great!!! I wasnt imagining it then!! lol.. was beginning to have my doubts!!! lol..

Thanks for the memories mate..

all the best....

Rab ;0)

Comment

You're most welcome mate, I still have the paperback too, so it was real, another forerunner to Soldier Soldier I guess, never repeated though, but I recall it being good, but that maybe because I was a kid when I watched it, mind can play tricks though can't it.

Comment

Re: Anyone else remember 70's t.v Drama 'Spearhead'?

I remember it............it's weird though coz I've just looked on youtube for some sort of link to the programme and there's nothing at all, but I do remember seeing something on there before....oh well Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-confused013.gif
Views:	5
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	260265

This will have to do http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spearhead_%28TV_series%29

Comment

Spear head series 1 was released in 1978 I only have disc one from series 1.They were avaliable to rent from online dvd rental sites though.
            sigpic

Comment

cant recall it.
              but i like how the series is considered to be a fairly accurate representation of life in the British Army during the seventies.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yeah!
                I think George Sweeney was in it. He always played some nutter on TV series like...The Sweeney in fact . I remember one ep, when they were on tour in the Far East or summink.

Comment

Working...
                X