s plate special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s plate special

does anyone remember an advert for british leyland from i think 1977 i can't remember all of the words but it was something like this.it's the s plate special coming down the line the s plate special right on time. with leyland cars well you can do it now with the new s plate there were backing singers singing s plate special throughout the ad.

Re: s plate special

Yes I remember that one!!

Comment

I remember that. The song was based on the song 'Six-Five Special'
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp-8A0y-Pyw

Comment

I remember it vaguely, my version of the lyric differs slightly from yours, I thought it went:

The S plate special coming down the line,
        The S plate special right on time,
        Leyland cars, always looking great,
        You can get them now with the new S plate...

At around that time, I was a geology student at Kingston Polytechnic, now called university I notice. Four of us were assigned an area in Northumberland for a mapping project. Three went in my mates brand new Marina, I went alone in my 10 year old Corsair. I waited for them in the Spotted Cow in Haltwhistle, they eventually got there. On the drive up, a leaf spring in the Marinas rear suspension broke! Spent the first day or so of the mapping time driving into Carlisle to get a part, and fixing his car with limited tools!

Comment

Oh yes, I remember that one!!!
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Yes, that one is in memory. All I remember of the song is "The S-plate specials coming down the line, the S-plate specials right on time..." I couldn't recall the ad was for BL until a previous poster said about it. I suppose that would be circa 1978.

Comment

Of course there was the infamous 'Good cars and a great deal more, from Leyland, Leyland Cars!' adverts with the two prisoners saying 'They'd never have caught us if we'd had a Dolomite Sprint'

Comment

Working...
              X