Happy Shopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Shopper

Were/are these stores nationwide or more southern orientated?

Click image for larger version

Name:	happy shopper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	264252

Re: Happy Shopper

Nationwide I think,we certainly had one.
    Heather

Comment

i got a happy shopper shop just down road from where i live
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

certainly never remember one over here in N.I.

how big are these shops.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

They were certainly all over England. I can't remember any fully branded shops in my area although a lot of local shops sold Happy Shopper goods. I don't see them now though.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Not seen Happy Shopper stuff in yonks. I though it'd had a name change or gone bust.

Comment

The brand is owned by the Booker Group and Happy Shopper products are still produced but most of the stores have been renamed 'Premier Stores' and there were only a few HS stores kicking about as of 2011.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

There are a few Premier Stores near me, it's possible they might have been Happy Shoppers.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

There are a few Happy Shoppers in my area, one of which has the familiar logo intact.
                  My mum used to say to me sometimes after school, 'run down to the shop and get some Happy Shopper marg.'

Comment

Was happy to see some happy shopper products in a local shop today!
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

They seemed to have started up around the beginning of 1986 - I noticed that corner shops around the area that my school was back then started to have the logos on the windows and doors. Chris Tarrant did the voiceovers in the adverts, I think.

They more or less replaced the Peacock brand that was sold in many corner shops. The one across the road from where I used to live used to sell those brand products.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Happy Shopper (Now Euro Shopper) as mentioned earlier is now the Premier chain

Little 'corner shops' have franchises from Premier which helps them stay afloat. Those shops/newsagents who are independent shops sadly wouldn't be able to cope with all the supermarkets we have now
                        Last edited by Twocky61; 29-10-2017, 10:08. Reason: Extra Word
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

When we did cookery lessons and it came to getting the ingredients, there seemed to be rivalry when it came to which supermarket brand they would be. As there would be a Co-op near to the school, I assume that a lot of pupils got them from there. They used to burst out laughing and take the Michael (other words are available) at anyone who dared to bring Happy Shopper branded self-raising flour instead of MacDougall's to the cookery lesson. It was a sign of cheapness and weakness back then.
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Happy shopper goods still going strong in my local shop. Well, crisps anyway. Good value too. 50p for a big bag of cheese puffs, salt and vinegar twists, onion rings or cheese and chive waffles!
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

The energy drinks are good value

250ml can 30p

500ml can 69p

1ltr bottle £1

They even have special offers of 1ltr bottles of Tizer & Irn Bru for £1. Sometimes other brands
                              sigpic
                              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                              X