Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Shopper

Default Re: Happy Shopper

They seemed to have started up around the beginning of 1986 - I noticed that corner shops around the area that my school was back then started to have the logos on the windows and doors. Chris Tarrant did the voiceovers in the adverts, I think.

They more or less replaced the Peacock brand that was sold in many corner shops. The one across the road from where I used to live used to sell those brand products.

Happy Shopper (Now Euro Shopper) as mentioned earlier is now the Premier chain

Little 'corner shops' have franchises from Premier which helps them stay afloat. Those shops/newsagents who are independent shops sadly wouldn't be able to cope with all the supermarkets we have now
    Last edited by Twocky61; 29-10-2017 at 10:08. Reason: Extra Word

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

When we did cookery lessons and it came to getting the ingredients, there seemed to be rivalry when it came to which supermarket brand they would be. As there would be a Co-op near to the school, I assume that a lot of pupils got them from there. They used to burst out laughing and take the Michael (other words are available) at anyone who dared to bring Happy Shopper branded self-raising flour instead of MacDougall's to the cookery lesson. It was a sign of cheapness and weakness back then.

Happy shopper goods still going strong in my local shop. Well, crisps anyway. Good value too. 50p for a big bag of cheese puffs, salt and vinegar twists, onion rings or cheese and chive waffles!
    1976 Vintage

The energy drinks are good value

250ml can 30p

500ml can 69p

1ltr bottle 1

They even have special offers of 1ltr bottles of Tizer & Irn Bru for 1. Sometimes other brands

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

I haven't thought about Happy Shopper in many years. At least one of our corner shops had Happy Shopper goods and I remember their carrier bags had the Happy Shopper logo emblazoned on them, so you couldn't pretend you had been anywhere else--though buying cheaper products never bothered me at all if I could save money.

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    The energy drinks are good value

250ml can 30p

500ml can 69p

+++CORRECTION+++

2 ltr bottles Irn Bru/Tizer for a quid