This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on choosing a Tablet PC

Can anyone reccommend a tablet pc (for my mum) for reading books, looking at internet, watching films. I was thinking of Amazon Fire or ipad mini. Any help would be much appreciated. I would prefer the windows run tablets but I don't think they do them in a 7 - 8 inch size. Preferably a tablet that is not hard to use for my novice mum! Size 7.5" - 8.5". Easy touch screen.

Re: Help on choosing a Tablet PC

If you want the best then you go with the I Pad (any as they are all very good) but they are expensive and you are then trapped in Apple world and it can be an infuriating place to be and again expensive

Value for money is the Kindle Fire at £129 it does most things that all the others do and if you are a novice probably everything you will need, has access to a massive amount of e-books (some are free), looks good and isa simple to use only thing is dont get talked into the HD version its really not worth it

Hope this helps
    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Do you know if the Kindle Fire is android operated? Do I have to put on an app for a virus protector?

Does the Apple ipad mini have its own OS and virus protector? Would it be set up ready to go? Are some ebooks free on it?
      Thing is I am so used to windows but am prepared to change (only if I really must!). If you do by chance know of any 7 - 9 inch tablets that are windows based OS please let me know!

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post
      If you want the best then you go with the I Pad (any as they are all very good) but they are expensive and you are then trapped in Apple world and it can be an infuriating place to be and again expensive

Value for money is the Kindle Fire at £129 it does most things that all the others do and if you are a novice probably everything you will need, has access to a massive amount of e-books (some are free), looks good and isa simple to use only thing is dont get talked into the HD version its really not worth it

Hope this helps

Comment

Blackberry Playbook £129 Currys/PC World

solidly built, brilliant screen, easy to use, bulletproof OS

Comment

Working...
        X