Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T V Shows you have never seen

Originally posted by darren View Post
    just dont find any u.s shows funny mate.
    seen an odd clip and its not something ill ever watch.
    i'm like that with all American sitcoms, but there animated sitcoms are funny like, and there is alot of stuff in Family Guy that is just downright daft and not funny but there is alot that can make you cry with laughter, you probably just seen a dud clip.

Comment

I'm quite into Family Guy, though the episodes can vary in quality, the better ones seem to stand up well to repeated viewing.

The better episodes of American Dad are good as well.

I also used to really like The Simpsons, but I found the quality of writing in recent years really fell away & I had seen the earlier ones too often.

I'm OK with Friends, some episodes are better than others but it's always easy to watch. By contrast Everybody Loves Raymond & Will & Grace could vary a lot, some episodes laugh out loud & others barley watchable. Frasier is normally watchable, with the better ones being very funny.

In fact I've never had a problem with finding American comedies funny if the writing is decent enough.

Bringing things back on subject, I've never seen a full episode of Emmerdale, Shameless, 24, Lost, Home & Away, CSI, NCIS, The Think Of It, & many many more...

This isn't always because I've not liked the sound of them, often I've missed seeing something because it was one when something else was.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I think a lot of people have preconceived ideas about American shows, they've maybe seen one or two in the past and tend to think they won't like them.

I've loved Cheers, Frasier, Taxi and The Simpsons and Modern Family is good too - and I loved stuff like Family Ties, Kate and Alie and The Cosby Show as a kid.

I've liked very few British sitcoms in recent years if I'm honest.

Back on track I've never seen Midsomer Murders or a full episode of Emmerdale.

Comment

good points u make mate.

another ive seen little of of but did not like was malcolm in the middle.

its mainly u.s. shows i cant get into.

i have seen many u.s. shows way back which i did not like although thats not why i dont like these ones i just dont enjoy the way amerians do there shows.

Never saw a full episode of gavin and stacey.

lke the simpsons.

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
          i'm like that with all American sitcoms, but there animated sitcoms are funny like, and there is alot of stuff in Family Guy that is just downright daft and not funny but there is alot that can make you cry with laughter, you probably just seen a dud clip.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Roz View Post
            I've liked very few British sitcoms in recent years if I'm honest.
            no wonder, British sitcoms died with the turn of the century lol, the only one i've found remotely funny in the last 13 years was 'The IT Crowd'

Comment

never seen white van man,the it crowd.

Comment

good points u make mate.

another ive seen little of of but did not like was malcolm in the middle.

its mainly u.s. shows i cant get into.

i have seen many u.s. shows way back which i did not like although thats not why i dont like these ones i just dont enjoy the way amerians do there shows.

Never saw a full episode of gavin and stacey.

lke the simpsons.
                At least you did try to watch some Darren, but if it's not for you then fair enough.

My Dad hated anything American but I got him into Frasier and The Simpsons and now he's also watching stuff like 30 Rock and Modern Family.

If you don't fancy something though it's tough to change your mind set. I'm not a big fan of recent British comedies or dramas (although I've been watching Mr Selfridge) - I do give them a chance but find I prefer older stuff like The Sweeney, The Professionals, Rising Damp etc..

There's usually something for everyone though

Comment

I didn't watch anything in with Leonard Rossiter. I couldn't stand him in the bits of Rising Damp I caught.

Comment

Hi roz.
                    yeah im not a fan of brit shows since 2000.
                    Same with american shows as well mate.

never seen or heard of 3D rock.
                    same with rules of engagement,everyone hates chris never seen any of these.

At least you did try to watch some Darren, but if it's not for you then fair enough.

My Dad hated anything American but I got him into Frasier and The Simpsons and now he's also watching stuff like 30 Rock and Modern Family.

If you don't fancy something though it's tough to change your mind set. I'm not a big fan of recent British comedies or dramas (although I've been watching Mr Selfridge) - I do give them a chance but find I prefer older stuff like The Sweeney, The Professionals, Rising Damp etc..

There's usually something for everyone though

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                      I didn't watch anything in with Leonard Rossiter. I couldn't stand him in the bits of Rising Damp I caught.
                      He was a comedy genius for me - but a nasty beggar in real life by all accounts!

Comment

He had that air about him, the waxy old cardigan wearing guy with the stoop and the snide nasally voice.

Here's one for you, I never ever watched 1 minute of Brookside. I don't even know what it was about, beside it being a soap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          He had that air about him, the waxy old cardigan wearing guy with the stoop and the snide nasally voice.

Here's one for you, I never ever watched 1 minute of Brookside. I don't even know what it was about, beside it being a soap.
                          Me too ... never watched it, dont know why just passed me by I've also probably only seen a handful of episodes of Corrie again not sure why because when I make the effort I actually quite like Eastenders so its not a soap thing .....

though I was a fan of Eldorado
                          Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

yes true in both counts mate.

never saw a full episode of the liver birds, or tuckers luck.

He was a comedy genius for me - but a nasty beggar in real life by all accounts!

Comment

yes true in both counts mate.

never saw a full episode of the liver birds, or tuckers luck.
                              Loved Tuckers Luck ....

Met Todd Carty in Hamleys in london a couple of years ago ....... was smaller that I thought he would be
                              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

I've never watched Big Brother, I'm a celebrity get me out of here, Benidorm, Love island, well there's not much modern TV i like, most of it is rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                                X