Milk Chews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk Chews

I saw these in a my newsagents the other morning and commented that I'd never seen or even heard of them before, I was then told they'd been around for years.......has anyone else heard of them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	264253

Re: Milk Chews

Nope. Only milk chews I ever came across were in Mojo's mixed chews, bought by the quarter. Mostly they were fruit flavoured but sometimes there'd be one or two in a cream coloured wrapper that were milk flavour. They were rare though.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

I can rememeber Milk Chews as individual chews not in packets, I don't remember them being Mojos but I could very easily be incorrect.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I remember some had a red or blue cow printed on the wrappers.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The ones I had were definitely mojo's but as I say they were rare. They were favourites of my friend and I so we used to hunt them out but never had many, if any, so perhaps they were a limited edition or trial flavour for a while. I can't remember cows on the wrappers, if it is mojos Richard is referring to, but I might be wrong.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Well I definitley don't remember them but the shop owner (late 50ish) and the deliverey driver (late 40ish) were adamant that they've been around for years Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-confused013.gif
Views:	5
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	260229

Comment

I remember cows on the wrappers of the ones I'm thinking of too Richard.
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Taken from Defunct Sweet

And Egg n Milk (with cow)
                Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74
                  And Egg n Milk (with cow)
                  'Egg & Milk'!..........doesn't sound very appealing tbh.

Comment

Local sweet shop always had milk chews on the penny tray, don't remember them in packs though.

Comment

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
                      I saw these in a my newsagents the other morning and commented that I'd never seen or even heard of them before, I was then told they'd been around for years.......has anyone else heard of them?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3564[/ATTACH]
                      Milk chews, yes. I am 42 and they were around in my childhood, I loved them.
                      In packets, no. The ones most people here ate as kids were individual.

Comment

Working...
                      X