Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What films have you been watching lately..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What films have you been watching lately..

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Been trying to watch critically acclaimed films more recently and have been left scratching my head over some of them.

American graffiti, load of kids driving round in circles for two hours and talking ****.
    Fight club, load of blokes fighting for two hours and talking ****
    Rebel without a cause, James dean sulking for two hours and talking ****
    #1 & #3 are among my faves, but then maybe I'm full of ****
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Trainspotting Last Night For The 15th time. great film.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Risen (2016) about a Roman tribune set by Pilate to de-mystify the myths around the recently-deceased Jesus. Really good!

Comment

Simply LOVED the new DeafPool2 movie !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
            Simply LOVED the new DeafPool2 movie !!!!!!

Thats Deadpool 2
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Thats Deadpool 2
              Obs

Comment

Watched a little known film last night called The forger, about an art forger played by Alfred mollina who employs the services of a young talented apprentice but eventually gets rumbled. Not a bad film but different in that it starred Clint eastwoods wife and son and was set in Carmel (Clint was mayor of Carmel)

Comment

Platoon never fails to show me just awful war can be.
                  The emotions its puts the viewer thru as well charlie sheen describing what his character is feeling and going through.
                  Last edited by darren; 17-09-2018, 13:07.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Spaceballs, It's always good fun, especially when I'm a fan of science fiction.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                      Spaceballs, It's always good fun, especially when I'm a fan of science fiction.
                      Yes - I saw that in the cinema when it came out. Ace!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                        Platoon never fails to show me just awful war can be.
                        The emotions its puts the viewer thru as well charlie sheen describing what his character is feeling and going through.
                        Good call, a brilliant depiction of an awful period in American history, quite a hard film to watch

Comment

Been trying to watch critically acclaimed films more recently and have been left scratching my head over some of them.

American graffiti, load of kids driving round in circles for two hours and talking ****.
                          Fight club, load of blokes fighting for two hours and talking ****
                          Rebel without a cause, James dean sulking for two hours and talking ****
                          Sooo continuing my quest to watch the critically acclaimed movies that we are all told we should see before we die, i decided to watch Deliverance which promised much from a small but sterling cast.... However the film is dreadful and implausable, in a nutshell it was four blokes in a canoe getting bummed by a couple of hillbillies

Comment

The Day After (1983) - A spooky nuclear apocalypse film, suggesting how a war could break out and what the effects would be on a medium-sized American city (Kansas)

Comment

Eraserhead last night, not seen it for probably 10 years and it was every bit as disturbing as i remembered it. Jack nance plays Henry spencer a man on the edge who is trying to escape the despair brought about by his nagging wife and permanently crying and seriously deformed baby. Set against a bleak industrial landscape this film is uncomfortable viewing with some surreal nightmarish events unfolding which make the film hard to get out of your head.....SEE IT.

Comment

Eraserhead last night, not seen it for probably 10 years and it was every bit as disturbing as i remembered it. Jack nance plays Henry spencer a man on the edge who is trying to escape the despair brought about by his nagging wife and permanently crying and seriously deformed baby. Set against a bleak industrial landscape this film is uncomfortable viewing with some surreal nightmarish events unfolding which make the film hard to get out of your head.....SEE IT.
                                Hated it when I saw it at Uni. I am now a David Lynch fan so I will deffo check it out again if/when it comes back on TV!

Comment

Working...
                                X