Key to the door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key to the door

It was a big thing getting a key for the door, although I can't remember when I first got mine. I must have been fairly old as I didn't really have a need for one earlier - mam didn't work and was usually in the house for me coming in.

I do remember swapping my usual dull metal key for a shiny pink one when I was about 15. First time I'd seen them in the cobblers. All different colours and made of a very light, thin metal that felt like it would snap in a lock. It Never did though.

Can you remember getting a key to the door?
    1976 Vintage

Re: Key to the door

I remember when we were really young we weren't allowed a key to get in the house when mum and dad were at work, we had to wait for mum outside work or go to the park or somewhere until she was due home.

I think I was propbably about 12 years old when I had my first key..................had it hung around my neck on a piece of string Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-laughing002.gif
Views:	5
Size:	1.0 KB
ID:	260261

Comment

I think I was 14-15 when I got my front door key, a few times before I walked all the way home from school to find my Mum was still out shopping.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I got my first key when I was about 13.

I actually got my own house key when I was 21. Boy did I break my balls for that.

Comment

About fourteen i think. this thread just brought back a memory of trying to pick the lock of my mates parents front door with a bit of metal it snapped off and they had to send for a locksmith needless to say they weren't happy must have been eight or nine at the time and hey it worked on the telly.

Comment

Working...
          X