Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clothes from the past that are still cool to wear today

Originally posted by darren View Post
    id say tracksuit bottoms u always see someone wearing them.
    and there so comfortable,same with trainers never go out of fashion.
    Track bottoms are comfortable to wear round the house

Comment

id say tracksuit bottoms u always see someone wearing them.
      and there so comfortable,same with trainers never go out of fashion.
      True Darren i'd agree with you on these suggestions what you mention

Those Jumpers/Sweaters that are lie Crew-Neck sweaters(which I can't think of their exact name) but with a lesser raised Collar are worthy of a mention I think too as too is the everlasting longstanding WindRunner (either in Yesteryear or Modern for) too I think

89sChav

Comment

Jeans will always be in vogue have stone wash,dark blue,black,brown which faded rather quick.

Comment

The Sisters Reynold are curious about your brown jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by DaReynoldzGirlz View Post
            The Sisters Reynold are curious about your brown jeans.
            I got them from Matalan about 2 years ago having been in the wash so many times they faded quickly

Comment

I was going true some boxes and found a pair of jumbo cords from the 80s, i dont think i can wear them.But Levis its ok.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                Like Lovejoy black leather jacket white tshirt jeans or denim jacket.The suits he wore I found never suited him for some reason.

Indeed - I have always loved the "James Dean/Lovejoy look" - but with Tracksuits as opposed to Leather Jackets and/or say Fred Perry/Henri Lloyd Jumpers etc a... and even Kappa Clothing if I ever find any in Charity Shops/Car Boots etc

80sChav

Comment

any joe bloggs t shirts i had a green and black one.
                  can u still get them.

cords for sure they never go out of style..
                  a fella told me he loved the cords i wore this was only a few yrs back.
                  mine where dark blue i think.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Bootcut or slightly flared jeans are about I dont like the drainpipe skinny jeans look

Comment

jeans and trainers some brands may come and go but they will always be cool to wear.

Although i dont like jeans myself.
                      Dont like how they feel on me.

Comment

cords for sure they never go out of style..
                        a fella told me he loved the cords i wore this was only a few yrs back.
                        mine where dark blue i think.
                        I loved Cords in the 1980s/1990s and still do to this day Darren. Sadly most decent Menswear shops who had them closed down and they are still as hard to find now as they where in the 1980s/1990s. Alone in recent years in my Home Town Burtons (lesser so) and Greenwoods (the only 2 places I'd be totally certain that sold them) have gone to the wind - so who else would sell them I'd be really lost!

80sChav

Comment

i know a few old retro shops that sell old clothes lots of stuff thats not easy to find.
                          charity shops are a good bet for old stuff.

ive seen many pairs of cords in charity shops.
                          and if they fitted me id have them.
                          tons of stuff from the eighties ive seen in charity shops.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                          I loved Cords in the 1980s/1990s and still do to this day Darren. Sadly most decent Menswear shops who had them closed down and they are still as hard to find now as they where in the 1980s/1990s. Alone in recent years in my Home Town Burtons (lesser so) and Greenwoods (the only 2 places I'd be totally certain that sold them) have gone to the wind - so who else would sell them I'd be really lost!

80sChav

Comment

I tend to buy bits and pieces from charity shops now and again. They have become a good source of 50's style peg trousers of late. Some better material then others. Great thing is they tend to sell for only a couple of pounds a shot. I also picked up two American 50's style Bowling shirts for a few pounds as well. I also have started to go to vintage shops looking for items. There's one in Frome I would like to visit soon. A good trawl of these threw up a nice 50's style box jacket and via some connections a fantastic Drape Jacket in a dark charcoal grey with black velvet collar and cuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zip55 View Post
                              Levis, Ben Sherman, Fred Perry ... all still good to wear.
                              Indeed ... as well as like Henri Lloyd etc too.

I still wear the above makes (for Jumpers and shirts). You can look no smarter than these I think - if going to a Semi Smartly Dressed Pub - even though of course I only had 1 or 2 Ben Sherman Shirts "back in the day" and only wore them like at Youth Club etc occasionaly everyone knows the represent Street Cred of high status in regards to any of their items!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                              X