Dental kits in schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dental kits in schools

Does anyone else remember being issued with a Colgate dental kit at primary / infant school? It was a big cardboard tube that contained a red plastic cup, a small tube of Colgate and a toothbrush. The cup had no handle, but it was bright red and had a verse written on it in white. I think it said something like "Teeth clean and white, last thing at night".

Re: Dental kits in schools

its a great idea.
    but i started school at the end of the seventies and i got nothing like this.

when was this mate for you in the seventies..
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Another 70's school kid here and we never got anything either.

Comment

I only remember getting a stick on chart so I could tick it when I had cleaned my teeth.

It was stick to the bathroom mirror at home for a few years after.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

We didn't but my kids both did. That was in the early 2000's. They got tooth paste and a milk tooth brush.
          Heather

Comment

I remember getting something one year. I'm sure it was a small tube of toothpaste with a weird name like Punch and Judy and it tasted fruity rather than minty. I think the toothpaste was green. We might have been given a tooth brush too but I can't really remember. This was probably around 1980-82.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Ha just searched and you can still get this Punch and Judy toothpaste! My memory wasnt deceiving me! And it is fruit flavoured. One flavour is tutti fruity and although I can't find a picture of the actual paste I bet that's the green one.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Here's Punch and Judy

Heather

Comment

My cousins had some Punch & Judy toothpaste in the late 1980s, I tried it once so see what it was like, but it wasn't nice.

Comment

A lot of those toothpastes i do remember well but not punch and judy mate.

it seems regarding getting dental kits in school was perhaps a regional thing.
                    or possibly just schools at random got them.

Comment

I assumed everyone my age got them - I was a mid 70s school kid - but I guess it could be the old postcode lottery effect. I was brung up in Dumfries in Scotland. I know I got more that 1 of those kits though, they came round annually or bi- annually. I remember being fed up cos I wanted the one that would give me a "ring of confidence" like on the telly adverts. What was that? Ultrabrite? I actually believed you could buy a toothpaste that would give you one of those glowing rings!
                      Apart from the freebie Colgate we were a Signal then Signal 2 household!

Ps after posting this I have spotted the "ring of confidence " on the Colgate box in the photo above!
                      Last edited by mazzer; 13-03-2013, 23:57.

Comment

i was late seventies 79 when i went to school.

peraps by then they kits hqad been done away with over here.
                        think i might ask somebody about them.

but certainly a great idea.

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
                        I assumed everyone my age got them - I was a mid 70s school kid - but I guess it could be the old postcode lottery effect. I was brung up in Dumfries in Scotland. I know I got more that 1 of those kits though, they came round annually or bi- annually. I remember being fed up cos I wanted the one that would give me a "ring of confidence" like on the telly adverts. What was that? Ultrabrite? I actually believed you could buy a toothpaste that would give you one of those glowing rings!
                        Apart from the freebie Colgate we were a Signal then Signal 2 household!

Ps after posting this I have spotted the "ring of confidence " on the Colgate box in the photo above!

Comment

I remember getting one of these in the early 70's at primary school in Oxfordshire, they came to the school and gave a demonstration on how to clean your teeth and then everyone was given a kit at the end. I remember the red handleless cup very well, I think it might still be at my mothers house.

Comment

I remember using disclosing tablets a few times at school, the ones that turned your teeth pink.

Comment

Working...
                            X