80s Mini Cookies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80s Mini Cookies?

I'm trying to track down a pix of a particular type of "mini-cookies" that we used to get in the 80's.

For some reason I'm almost sure they were being heavily pushed on tv in 1987 and that's when I would have first got them. They were chocolate chip flavoured and (as you may have deduced) smaller than typical biscuits.

The gimmick behind them (I think?) was that they came "crisp bag" packaging (tho I might be wrong with that). I seem to remember these "crisp bag"s were then bought collectively in larger bag of 6 or 8 or whatever.

Note : I can't be sure of the packaging in the previous paragraph, but whatever it was they didn't come in the typical "cylinder" shape packaging you associate with a normal packet of biscuits.

The colour scheme of the packaging was definitely light brown and I reckon they were probably part of some familiar brand but that the name itself was something generic like "mini cookies".
    Last edited by Avahi1057; 14-03-2013, 19:20.

Re: 80s Mini Cookies?

I remember getting bags of small cookies from the vending machine where I used to work a few years ago, but this was the early-mid 00's. mini cookies rings a bell, McVities I think. Chocolate chip and I'm sure a purple bag. Perhaps these first came out in '87? Found a pic

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	260321
    Last edited by Trickyvee; 14-03-2013, 23:04.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Avahi1057 View Post
      I'm trying to track down a pix of a particular type of "mini-cookies" that we used to get in the 80's.

For some reason I'm almost sure they were being heavily pushed on tv in 1987 and that's when I would have first got them. They were chocolate chip flavoured and (as you may have deduced) smaller than typical biscuits.

The gimmick behind them (I think?) was that they came "crisp bag" packaging (tho I might be wrong with that). I seem to remember these "crisp bag"s were then bought collectively in larger bag of 6 or 8 or whatever.

Note : I can't be sure of the packaging in the previous paragraph, but whatever it was they didn't come in the typical "cylinder" shape packaging you associate with a normal packet of biscuits.

The colour scheme of the packaging was definitely light brown and I reckon they were probably part of some familiar brand but that the name itself was something generic like "mini cookies".
      I think this may be "crawfords mini cookies"?

Comment

On YouTube, there was a Central ad break from around March 1985 which was shown during an ITV Sport programme about ice skating which has a Crawford Mini Cookies advert there. The song played in the advert used to drive up the wall for some reason - it is so annoying.

The song in the advert is a familiar one which was played on the radio a few years ago - can't remember what the title was called or who sung it - I think it was a 1950s song.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
        X