Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What was the 1970ís board game you wanted but just could not have?

Default Re: What was the 1970ís board game you wanted but just could not have?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    Yes that's it!
    The Trickster On The Roof

Subutteo!

Still scarred...
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by zabadak View Post
    Subutteo!

Still scarred...
    My cousin had this one particular Christmas. He was football mad anyway. My view of it.....totally pointless.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

The one game I did want, but never got, was a game called "Go!". You travelled around the world collecting and selling souvenirs. There was a map of the world on the main part of the board, with capitol cities where a marker was placed. Around the outer edge of the board, another marker travelled around from square to square with the throw of a dice. Each square gave a different instruction on what the marker did on the world map. There was different currency that you exchanged when you travelled around the world. IIRC, it was a game for 2-4 players. The more players the better. It may still be available, under a different name.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Funny enough it was Haunted House. I never got it because the boy's had it next door and mum being mum thought I could play with them with it. How wrong was she, as the boys next door never played any games or shared their toys with anybody not even each other. They were too frightened to scratch a toy car let alone loose a piece of a board game in case parents gave them what for. It's still a game I like the look of today and would love to have a game with somebody just to say I finally got one of my childhood wishes even if it is 40 years too late.

Not a board game but my dad said he wouldn't pay 2 quid for a couple of cups, some cocktail sticks and some marbles. This is why I didn't get Kerplunk when I so wanted it!
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!