Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the 1970’s board game you wanted but just could not have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the 1970’s board game you wanted but just could not have?

Well mine was Treasure of the Pharaohs by Palitoy love the concept same as Denys Fishers Haunted House! My mate had it and it was great playing it

Palitoy, Ideal and Denys fisher were my favourite manufacturer’s parker brother were close too.
    Always waiting for Christmas and birthdays in the 70’s to come around but never got it, have now thanks to eBay, best game I bought for me was Ideal’s Crossfire.

This by the way is a rare game so you will be investing money not losing. Who else had this? and
    what was your favourite game?
    Attached Files

Re: What was the 1970’s board game you wanted but just could not have?

My favourite was the Horse Of The Year board game, you had a plastic hourse and rider going round a cardboard "gymkhana" on which you built lots of little plastic obstacles, jumps etc. Another themed variation of Ludo really. As was "Sorry!", another of my favourites.

Comment

I wanted Horse of the Year Show too! The other two were Haunted House and the Mouse Trap game......

oh, and Subbuteo Rugby!!

Comment

Loved haunted house concept so much. You just didn't know who was going to cop the ball! The one I really REALLY wanted and didn't get was Tank Command. My mate had it. The actual gameplay was rubbish to be honest but the thrill of pulling a string and seeing a plastic mine blow your mates tank fly into the air was so cool at the time. No-one cared who actually won. We just used to make our own rules and do all the sound effects. It was like El-Alamein in your front room. Great!

Comment

Haunted House was reincarnated as Ghost Castle in the 1980's.

I had a set until the card castle walls became to mess to put it together. The skull went missed years earlier & was replaced by a marble.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

That bloody mouse trap game !

Comment

as a child i always wanted monoploy and cluedo .....have the monopoly now but never got round to the cluedo, no idea why

Comment

Originally posted by cookie3131uk View Post
                Well mine was Treasure of the Pharaohs by Palitoy love the concept same as Denys Fishers Haunted House! My mate had it and it was great playing it

Palitoy, Ideal and Denys fisher were my favourite manufacturer’s parker brother were close too.
                Always waiting for Christmas and birthdays in the 70’s to come around but never got it, have now thanks to eBay, best game I bought for me was Ideal’s Crossfire.

This by the way is a rare game so you will be investing money not losing. Who else had this? and
                what was your favourite game?
                Same as you I now have 3 of them 2 complete and 1 mostly complete still as much fun as i remembered.
                Also wanted conquer Everest and have 2 of them now (both almost complete but a couple of flags etc missing)

Comment

Great thread cookie! I'm laughing to myself here, as I am another one who wanted Mousetrap! It promised more than it delivered though...anytime I played with a friend's game it took forever to set up and even then didn't work properly...but I still wanted it As well as board games I always wanted shaker maker and Kerplunk. Back in the days with no computers and 3 channels on the telly we spent a lot of time playing board games. Don't want to get too misty eyed about that though as my sister and I always fell out usually one accusing the other of cheating

Comment

I brought the newer version of mouse trap for my daughter for xmas and its still the same takes ages to set up and traps dont always work so no change there mars lol i wanted it when was young glad i didnt or it would of been on the bonfire
                    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Hahaha Mark, it's funny, the adverts always made it look really impressive and exciting as well! You know what I did like though and it's just popped into my head? Operation

Comment

I normally put together the Mousetrap while I play along, using the Add A Piece spaces.

The rules stated that if the trap failed to work the mouse on the Cheese square could escape to the Safe Place & the game would continue.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

This is the one that I had always wanted.

Comment

The London Taxi board game has to be mine though I played it so long ago I forget the rules

Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

game of life I got this at charity shop over weekend everything was there apart from instructions I looked on net managed to get them but how hard is it gosh took us most night set it up
                              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Working...
                              X