Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the 1970’s board game you wanted but just could not have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What was the 1970’s board game you wanted but just could not have?

WOW War of the Daleks rip off by strawberry fayre

Attached Files

Comment

Agree about Mousetrap...a lot of effort for very little reward. Never and I mean never did that little plastic man land in the pool for me.

Haunted House was great fun but I don't remember the ball thingy being a skull in the one I had.

There were two that a friend had that I wanted: Blast-Off! (a space game where you had to get your spaceship into orbit and eventually land on the moon, and Spy Ring--complicated if I remember correctly. The pieces were busts of spies in different coloured plastic and you stuck a metal stick into their hat when they were transmitting a message.

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
        I brought the newer version of mouse trap for my daughter for xmas and its still the same takes ages to set up and traps dont always work so no change there mars lol i wanted it when was young glad i didnt or it would of been on the bonfire

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
          Does anyone remember the early 1990s kids game show which featured a life size Mousetrap device?
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            Does anyone remember the early 1990s kids game show which featured a life size Mousetrap device?

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
              Yes that's it!
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Subutteo! :cry:

Still scarred...
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                  Subutteo! :cry:

Still scarred...
                  My cousin had this one particular Christmas. He was football mad anyway. My view of it.....totally pointless.
                  Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

The one game I did want, but never got, was a game called "Go!". You travelled around the world collecting and selling souvenirs. There was a map of the world on the main part of the board, with capitol cities where a marker was placed. Around the outer edge of the board, another marker travelled around from square to square with the throw of a dice. Each square gave a different instruction on what the marker did on the world map. There was different currency that you exchanged when you travelled around the world. IIRC, it was a game for 2-4 players. The more players the better. It may still be available, under a different name.
                    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Funny enough it was Haunted House. I never got it because the boy's had it next door and mum being mum thought I could play with them with it. How wrong was she, as the boys next door never played any games or shared their toys with anybody not even each other. They were too frightened to scratch a toy car let alone loose a piece of a board game in case parents gave them what for. It's still a game I like the look of today and would love to have a game with somebody just to say I finally got one of my childhood wishes even if it is 40 years too late.

Comment

Not a board game but my dad said he wouldn't pay 2 quid for a couple of cups, some cocktail sticks and some marbles. This is why I didn't get Kerplunk when I so wanted it! :cry:
                        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                        X