Urgent ! UK roads travel advice. !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent ! UK roads travel advice. !!

Hey guys , I have to travel for a business meeting tomorrow and I'm genuinely worried about getting stuck in the snow / traffic or going off the icy , snow covered roads or even being forced to leave the car somewhere ..afterl seeing the various road conditions on yesterday's news .

To complicate matters still , it looks as though we may have a choice of meeting venues .

I will be travelling from Manchester tomorrow morning and I've provisionally agreed to meet this guy in Mold ,CH7 , Nr Wrexham , Flintshire , North Wales but as you know North Wales has been the hardest hit area in the UK so I don't even know if I will be able to get through to Mold safely nevermind that it may take 5 hours rather than the predicted 75 minutes.

The other option I have is that the guy is leaving Mold later on tomorrow - to head back home to London so there is a chance of meeting him at Crewe ( M6 traffic ? ) on his way home - if he agrees , of course .

So any thoughts or suggestions as to which trip would make the most sense - safety wise ??

Has anyone experienced either place since the snow started ?

Thank you !!!

Re: Urgent ! UK roads travel advice. !!

Stay at home, make lots of tea and use Skype. ?

Comment

Wish we could but we are trading goods ..

Comment

Any other suggestions. ???

Comment

Try a travel site? BBC quite good. More likely to get info there I would have thought.
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Well , bright blue skies and the sun is out already so it looks like we are going for it !

We set off at midday so hopefully 4 hours of sunshine will have melted any ice on the roads !

I understand that all the major roads including the M56 are clear now so it's just the last part of the journey on the A494 that is the concern .

Comment

Home , safe and sound

Thanks guys !

Comment

At least at this time of year there's enough power in the sun to stop things getting very serious as it would have had we gotten this in December ( like 2010 ).
                  Still scary stuff tho - has the North Pole finally burst its banks and engulfed us ?

Comment

Working...
                  X