No announcement yet.

Perfumes in the 1970s !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand that my mother used to wear Charlie and Diorella (thepermfumesdiary) in the 70s and so did some of her friends; I'm now not positive in the event that they have been any popular although.

Comment

Tweed and Panache were advertised on TV well into the 1980s, and of course, Valerie Leon did Hai Karate aftershave in the 1970s which I saw on one of those I Love programmes.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

My mother used Chanel No. 5 most of the time but her favorite was something called 'Joy'. It was expensive and sold in very tiny bottles so deployed sparingly. There was something else i can only vaguely recall in large bottles with a number like '1689' or '1568' or something like that on the label. It was not '1888' nor '1868' though, which is what comes up when i try to find it.

For awhile I had some fressia scented stuff a woman I worked for in the late '90s sold. I liked that a lot but after I left her I haven't been able to find it.
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Do you mean 4711??

Joy was made by Jean Patou and was hideously expensive

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
            Do you mean 4711??
            Yes, that's the stuff! My Grandmother (the one from Holland) wore it all the time and my Mother took it up sometimes too. My other Grandmother always smelled of a soap named Cashmere Bouquet (and our mouths would sometimes if we said a bad word around her). I know she had some Yardley soap too but we were told that was only for 'fine company'. Yes, a lot of fussy and smelly ladies in my family!
            My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
            X