Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of inside of supermarkets/sweet shops/Newsagents from the 70's-80's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pics of inside of supermarkets/sweet shops/Newsagents from the 70's-80's?

I love the clown and the 2 guys to the right - can you imagine being stuck in a lift with any of them?

Comment

I found this photo of an old Presto, featuring the citrus segments on the wall that I remember so well from a supermarket we went to when I was very small. It’s only from this photo that I know it was Presto. It could well be the very same store.
      Attached Files
      1976 Vintage

Comment

The first co-op Toad lane Rochdale and today...
        Attached Files
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
          Did WHSmith take over all former John Menzies stores around 10 years ago? - they overlapped so much as to what they both sold that it was only a matter of time before one took over the other.
          This is true - they did yes George, though I'd say it was more like 14/15 years a-go .... more like may-be 2005 possibly!!

Looking back at these old supermarket Pics reminds of the days before Presto became Safeway who became Morrissons in due course and Somerfiield/Gateway becoming the Co-op and Somerfield being part of Kwick Save ... all odd crazy mergers in my opinion where the said Supermarkets was not of the same price range etc and of course Kwick Swave's awful *but occasionaly) mellowing instrumental music. If only that could be re-lived through photos - that'd be amazinly odd!

Talking of Supermarkets Up North (Yorkshire) another Semi-famous fore-runner of a Supermarket/Frozen Food shop we had was Hillards and everything was in box's .... years before Nettos and Ald hit on this idea. My Mum's old boss was from Derby and had never known this concept and though we all lived/worked in a Town with a population of only 89 to 10'00 in those days (and little more today) man did he love the place for his weekly/daily shop to take back to Derby!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
          X