Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Clifford House Mysteries

Hi,
    Can anyone help? My Wife and I were talking the other day about childrens programmes, to see if they were different depending on where you lived. I'm from Newcastle and my Wife from the Midlands, and we both remember The Clifford House Mysteries, but no matter how hard I have looked, I can not find anything about the series. Does anyone remember this series ?

Regards
    Chris

Re: The Clifford House Mysteries

I think you may mean The Clifton House mysteries
    Heather

Comment

You can watch it on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuUFG096ONk&NR=1
      Heather

Comment

The one a remeber was the one with the pipe that dripped blood onto a dinner table.

And it was if I remember Deffo "The Clifton house Mysteries"

Comment

I must say I remember the Clifton house mystery. The ghost of the soldier really freaked me out at the time. Things like that tend to stick in your subconscious.
          The story of the soldier getting killed is supposed to be based on a real historical event in Bristol in the 19th C. 70's kids programmes tended to be well researched and scripted.
          I think kids miss out on that nowadays.

Comment

I really enjoyed this as a child and remember rushing back from nan's to watch it.There is a dvd release of it.When I watched it again last year I still found that I enjoyed it a lot.Superb program.

Yes there is a scene where blood drips from the ceiling onto the dinner table.

Comment

Thank you for all the replies. The part I seem to remember the most is the part where they find the skeleton in the bed. How things stick with you.

Comment

The episode that has a scene where blood pours out of a pipe onto a table is from Hammer house of horror,an episode called 'the house that bled to death'.

Comment

I managed to see the house that bled to death when I was a wee nipper,and wow......scared stiff.Great show.

Getting back to the Clifton House Mystery the scene where they find the skeleton in the bed was something that did stick in the memory.The ghostly military tune which crops up time and time again also seems to have stuck in the memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Retro Ghoul View Post
                    The episode that has a scene where blood pours out of a pipe onto a table is from Hammer house of horror,an episode called 'the house that bled to death'.
                    Yepp I remember that 1 too. In the HHH one it really gushed onto the table and splattered the kids at a birthday party. In the end it was all a hoax to get in the papers and make some noey I think for the parents but it mentally traumatised the child who in turn he killed the parents in bed at the end.

The Cliftom house version was a bit more of a sedate blood letting.

Comment

Working...
                    X