Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ads That Stick in Your Mind But You Can't Find

Cheers.

I was actually finding it for another person on another forum, who isnt a member here (silly person lol)

Comment

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
      I've posted elsewhere on this forum about a tv advert that was on about 10+ years ago about an 'awkward moment' in a commercial between a husband, wife and her friend.....never been able to find it as I can't rmember what the tv ad was about.

I found this one though, it was banned apparently but I really can't see why? [ATTACH=CONFIG]3746[/ATTACH]

I loved all those Pot Noodle "Slag of Snacks" ads too.

Comment

Originally posted by philipdalton View Post
        No, but there is an advert which sticks in my mind from when I was a child in the 70's though. It was a shampoo advert, for Vosene I think, saying it was 'good for mums' & showing a boy having his hair washed. I actually came across someone on another website who remembered it too & said it ran for years, but it's highly unlikely it's anywhere on YouTube as VCR's weren't a mass market product then
        The Vosene adverts were running from 1981 to 1984 with Michael Jayston doing the voiceover with the green bottles - certainly one advert was doing the rounds at the end of July 1981 when Charles married Diana as I have seen an off-air of it from back then.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I had this page bookmarked and so I clicked onto it to enter the forum today.

My own memories are probably from 1983 onwards (hence when I was born), but I have read about other people's advert memories which I thought In would relay here - these are not my own personal memories for obvious reasons, but from other people who I have heard over the years:

1) An advert where a woman comes downstairs in her dressing gown and makes herself a cup of tea - all of a sudden, a puppet or animated ghost (a bit like Humphrey Cushion from Hickory House) makes a "wooing" sound. The woman is startled by this and drops her cup. The tagline or slogan was "Beware of French Ghosts" and according to someone else who vaguely remembers it, it was on TV in around 1974-1975. I was hazard a guess that if it was a brand of tea, possible Typhoo, but it is just a guess - does anyone on here who grew up in the 1970s remember it? Someone mentioned that on another website, hence my mention of this on here.

2) A washing-up liquid advert from 1972, probably some brand such as Sunbrite, Sunbright, Sunlite, or Sunlight, which featured Larry Grayson and a cleaning lady with a nylon coat on - Grayson explained how it gets plates clean and the plate sparkle. Might have been a black and white advert as late as that. The closest to an off-air recording was a tape recording made, presumably while the programme surrounding it was being recorded in those pre-VCR days.

I wasn't born until 1978 so I have never seen them, but does it ring any bells with members who were around a couple of decades before I was? About time I had another History lesson...

If the Gibbs SR toothpaste advert in 1955 (the very first one seen on British television) still exists in the archives for the benefit of documentaries and all that, then what happened to those which were made nearly 20 years after that was actually made?
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Over the years I've seen plenty of early adverts used on programmes over the years.

As they are mostly made on film they seem to have been put into storage by the ad agencies when their campaigns were finished.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

When I watch old 1970s episodes of Coronation Street on YouTube, I sometimes hope that they were original off-airs and that the original ad breaks are intact - I obviously know that they are not, but the thought of it really thrills me to an extent.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
              X