Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ads That Stick in Your Mind But You Can't Find

Default Ads That Stick in Your Mind But You Can't Find

Since advertising on television first began, the total number of different adverts shown possibly numbers into the hundreds of thousands.
    Ads made during the pre-1980 era are especially hard to find on the WWW as few people had VCR's back then.
    Are there any particular ads you've seen over the years which seem to stick in your mind, despite the fact that you've never come across them anywhere on the Internet?
    Perhaps you've posted about them in various forums but no-one else apart from you seems to be able to recall them.

Default Re: Ads That Stick in Your Mind But You Can't Find

I've sometimes wondered if there are some ads which have been shown over the years which can only be remembered by a small handful of people, maybe the actors who took part in them, although in some cases maybe even they've forgotten.
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

About 5-10 years ago in the UK there was a TV advert.

It showed a wedding with a lot of fairly "average" people dancing at a Wedding disco.

The music appeared to be the grunting noises from Peaches by the Stranglers and a "dad dancing" figure moonwalked backwards to it. Can't find any reference to it on tinterweb.

So what was the advert, and was it Peaches ?

I've posted elsewhere on this forum about a tv advert that was on about 10+ years ago about an 'awkward moment' in a commercial between a husband, wife and her friend.....never been able to find it as I can't rmember what the tv ad was about.

I found this one though, it was banned apparently but I really can't see why? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chin.gif 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.2 KB 
ID:	3746

Quote Originally Posted by ayrshireman View Post
    About 5-10 years ago in the UK there was a TV advert.

It showed a wedding with a lot of fairly "average" people dancing at a Wedding disco.

The music appeared to be the grunting noises from Peaches by the Stranglers and a "dad dancing" figure moonwalked backwards to it. Can't find any reference to it on tinterweb.

So what was the advert, and was it Peaches ?
    Trying going into YouTube and typing 'UK ad' or 'UK advert' and then the year you're looking for. Alternatively try googling it. As soon as someone's uploaded an ad on YouTube there will almost certainly be links to it almost everywhere. Another option is going into DailyMotion and trying there.
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Quote Originally Posted by themilkman View Post
    I've posted elsewhere on this forum about a tv advert that was on about 10+ years ago about an 'awkward moment' in a commercial between a husband, wife and her friend.....never been able to find it as I can't rmember what the tv ad was about.

I found this one though, it was banned apparently but I really can't see why? Click image for larger version. 

I can, they probably got quite a few complaints as there was an erection implied.

Quote Originally Posted by philipdalton View Post
    I can, they probably got quite a few complaints as there was an erection implied.
    Yeah, but what's a little erection between friends Click image for larger version. 

Name:	groucho.gif 
Views:	65 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	3747

Quote Originally Posted by themilkman View Post

You cant?. Really?.

Quote Originally Posted by ayrshireman View Post
    You cant?. Really?.
    Not really no..............I think some people are just a little bit too precious, including you obviously.

I still want to find the advert for some kind of toiletries that parodied '"English Country Garden'