Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best ad of all time

any idea who the girl is though.
    Janis Levy, who was just 16 at the time of the ad.

Comment

Comment

Comment

For the first time in my life I stop and watch the Meerkats Adverts, never bothered before.

Comment

One advert that always used to make me laugh was the Granada TV rentals advert that had the test card girl turning into an old lady and then turning into a skeleton! Say Granaaa-na-na-naa-daa! To the neighbours!

Comment

this my favorite,

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Not really 'great' adverts but I do like the Country Crisp ads at the mo with the little animals and voice overs. Theres a funny follow up ad of the chubby mouse type thing and she shouts out NUUUUTTTTTSSSS! at the end. I also like some of the Aldi ads, the nicest one at the moment is the Easter one with the little girl and the dog - like the way the dog leans forward to let her put the bunny ears on. Then theres the Netflix ad with the little mice in houses and you can see they even have cars built around that plastic ball they walk around in that rolls as they walk.

Some of my favourite ads of old are the John Smiths ads with the old man and dog, was surprised many were made in the 70s and still repeated in the 80s, the Carling Dambusters one, the Kit Kat panda's one at the zoo with photographer who turns around and the pandas start larking about, the Smash robots, Homepride ads with the flour men also spring to mind... Tufty Squirrel ads, Charlie Says...I did also find the old Terry's Chocolate Orange ads with the old man doing an Indiana Jones style pastiche to get it in suburban settings memorable.

Comment

16?! She looked much older.

Comment

https://youtu.be/lGPH0gqWrGI

FROM WHAT I HEARD MAUREEN DID AT LEAST 30 BT ADS.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The natural born smoker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evIrwW6cLCg

Yes, it was horrifying. But it was amazingly well done. Not that effective for me, tho, as I ended up a smoker. BTW, the Youtube clip has a bit cut off at the end, where the NBS peers into a cot - implying that there is a baby natural born smoker as well.

Comment

great ad.
                        Never seen it before.

Yes very well done.

Originally posted by malcolmandsheldon View Post
                        the natural born smoker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evirww6clcg

yes, it was horrifying. But it was amazingly well done. Not that effective for me, tho, as i ended up a smoker. Btw, the youtube clip has a bit cut off at the end, where the nbs peers into a cot - implying that there is a baby natural born smoker as well.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

270odd adverts from the 80s & 90s here...
                          https://youtu.be/tJC_oQ5cyc4

Comment

Working...
                          X