Best ad of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn!

Just realised the link was missing, sorry!
    http://www.transmogrified.com/photo/...rcialever1.mpg

Comment

aww i liked the guinness advert with rutger hauer in it walking through a clock.

Comment

Just about my favourite ad of all time is ironic, as I disapprove of tobaco in all it's forms.
        Twas a hamlet ad.

This guy has a Ford Anglia with furry dice and all that malarky. But he gets a delivery, and it's a set of "Carlos Fandango Super Wide Wheels", all in huge boxes. For some reason best known to himself, he fits them in a field. And these wheels and tyres are sooo huge and wide that they are about two feet out on either side of the car! Absloutely enormous! So he jumps in and zooms the car though the gate, but the whole car is too wide now and the wheels are ripped right off again, flying off in all directions!! Then , as he no longer has control of the motor it careens across the farmyard and straight into a barn. Straw and chickens go everywhere. And as he sits there, he lights up the good ol' smokey stick of death.

Searching for this ad brought me to this very website this very evening by the by.

Comment

Re: Best ad of all time

Originally posted by Snakeystew View Post
          Didn't they get banned or something? I remember it was all the rage - lunatics going round slapping each other round the face, so apparently they prohibited the advert from being shown.

I also remember one advert that only showed twice for some shampoo product that actually showed a topless woman. I can't remember any other advert that's shown a naked woman before in England, (top fully exposed). I must say that was my favourite advert

There was also that advert jingle: "knock me down with a feather, clever trevor".. if anyone remembers it?
          Your right they did get banned, I think someone had Tango'd someone at school and burst their eardrum. The original was a class advert.
          Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

I can remember and advert, Don't know if it was for toothpaste or toothbrushes - there were lots of jungle animals, there was a lion walking round howling and a another animal says "Jordan's got a howling toothache" and another animal says "Tut tut he eats to many sweets and never cleans his teeth"
            and
            and another advert for crest plus, it was a picture of a mouth with lots of teth a,d someone coloured them in black, and then this voice comes on and says brush with crest plus toothpaste, fights against cavities (or something along those lines) and they get a rubber and rub out the blackened teeth.
            My brother says i imagined that one - don't think i did...............
            "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Originally posted by andria View Post
              I can remember and advert, Don't know if it was for toothpaste or toothbrushes - there were lots of jungle animals, there was a lion walking round howling and a another animal says "Jordan's got a howling toothache" and another animal says "Tut tut he eats to many sweets and never cleans his teeth"
              and
              and another advert for crest plus, it was a picture of a mouth with lots of teth a,d someone coloured them in black, and then this voice comes on and says brush with crest plus toothpaste, fights against cavities (or something along those lines) and they get a rubber and rub out the blackened teeth.
              I can remember the advert with the jungle animals on, It used to have a lion on it, thats the one that was howling, it was called Jeremy, it used to say 'Jeremy's got a roaring toothache again, im not suprised he eats too many sweets and never cleans his teeth' then one of the other animals looks at Jeremy's tooth and says 'tut tut you will have to go to the dentist'. I think the advert was for reminding parents to make sure their kids cleaned their teeth.
              Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

I think the Original Tango one takes some beating. I can remember watching it a while back on TV Ark and I nearly p***** my self laughing.

Comment

God there are so many old ads i used to love

The Gold Blend ads (with the couple)
                  Hoffmeister Beer - follow the bear

To name a couple

Comment

i don't know if this was an advert or a Public information film. but it was a family out at night on there bikes all in reflective clothing, and they used to sing, "Keep your bike, bright and clean and get yourself seen". used to like that when i was little
                    "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

i don't know if this was an advert or a Public information film. but it was a family out at night on there bikes all in reflective clothing, and they used to sing, "Keep your bike, bright and clean and get yourself seen". used to like that when i was little

Is this the public information film you were refering to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC5WChgffHA

Comment

and
                        Is this the roaring tootache video you were rerering to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fiM61oEoCE

Comment

yeah it was thanx, brings back memories

Comment

I liked the one with the guy in waterproofs who had to take a boat journey to get to the local pub in stormy weather, and he says "Ive never known a night like it and im not looking forward to the journey home neither" in a broad west country accent. The times we used that line.

Comment

I remember and liked the little marshmellow cakes advert...... Everyone's a fluffy one!
                              sigpic

Comment

Cook cook cook cookability that's the beauty of Gas (A very old one!)

or

The Coke advert with the New Seekers singing "I'd like to Teach the World to Sing"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X