Best ad of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best ad of all time

Ahh.. my fav. advert of all time was the advertisement of "Budweiser" LOL! that's so amusing when the ants were carying those one bottle of budweiser then put it in their hole (in the soil) or its like their house. Then all ants drank those buweiser. And it sounded like they gurgling the liquid! What funny about this was because, they were dancing "Staying Alive" and they very happy! haha!! (Staying alive! staying alive! ahh! ahh! ahh! ahh!.. staying aliiiiveee..............Yeahh!..) LOL!!!

I think that was early 90's advertisement not sure!
    Brings back the memories...

Comment

I like the Coastguard ads, "Cooee, Luvly day aint it?" ?Look Petunia, he's waving"
      And the girl, given 3 wishes by her fairy godmother, is talking about her boyfriend 'Dave" who was so good, but when she asked to swim in the sea, he said, "Not my scene man"
      'What he meant was he couldn't swim. says the girl,
      but "Mike could", so she wishes for Mike.
      Then the fairy comes and, Dave asks "why do i keep losing my birds?" she tells him
      "Learn to swim young man, learn to swim"
      Last edited by Hobittual; 29-08-2008, 08:21. Reason: Typo

Comment

I'd forgotten those

Comment

Can't remember what drink it was advertising, it was on 2 or 3 years ago, had a dog playing a piano in a bar??

Comment

Originally posted by Secret lemonade drinker View Post
            I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'll nominate a Carling Black Label advert from the mid '80s.

It began with a weedy cowboy lassooed by a gang of thugs. He then ran off, still tied up, and dragged them all along behind him. Cue 'I'll bet he drinks Carling Black Label'. The real genius was the advert after it. Two women in a supermarket talking about washing powder. One woman removes a box from the shelf, only to see the cowboy from the previous advert now in this one, still being chased by the thugs. It continued into the third advert that followed, it was an advert for some romance compilation album, set in a garden. Suddenly, the cowboy bursts through the hedges, still dragging the thugs behind him.

The first time I saw it was recorded on VHS, and I was so shocked by it being 'three ads in one' I must have watched it ten more times, and countless others afterwards. Anybody else recall this advert? None of my friends my age remember it, and I'm starting to feel I'm delusional and the whole thing is a horrid David Lynch psychosis.
            I'm even later but I found this thread trying to find out what that series of ads was for. They were my favourites, followed by the bikers doing the shake'n'vac years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Elleth Faewen View Post
              There was a TV show on a while back where they went over old advertisements. The winner was the ad for the original Volkswagon Superbeetle. Does anyone remember this one? Lots of snow and a snow plow. The voice over asks, "What does the man who drives the snow plow drive to get to the snow plow?" Then the plow drives away and you see the little VW Bug sitting there. It was great.
              YouTube - famous vw beetle snow plow commercial
              One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

John Smiths bitter, old chap and his dog dancing to at the ball by the Avalon boys from way out west laurel and hardy, the dance in the film is a classic
                "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

The first time I saw the gorilla Cadbury advert, I loved it !!! I was looking and waitng and wondering what it was all about, and how well made it was then - chocolate!!!?

Comment

can't believe no one metioned these
                    they're my favorite ad's

YouTube - Charley Says

YouTube - Charley Says Never Play With Matches

YouTube - Charley Says Always Tell Your Mummy

YouTube - Charlie Says Let's get covered in boiling water.

and of course

YouTube - Tufty the squirrel buys some ice cream
                    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Who remembers the "Dry Country Manor" ads from the mid 80's ?? They were set in a theatre and on the stage we are watching a comedy farce. I seem to remember the lines..."..my twin.....my eyes......my husband....my train! " funnnnnneeeeee!! The punch line went along the lines of "Dry Country Manor, so good, so dry. so buy some!"

Comment

The best ad of all time was clearly the fat orange tango man running around slapping faces.
                        My other favourites are the 'secret lemonade drinker' and the buttersnap ad. All very silly! LOL!
                        sigpic
                        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

This Marmite ad always makes me laugh YouTube - Surprise!!!!

Comment

I see this thread has been running longer than The Simpsons but my fave ad must be ......

The Linx effect... when thousands of half naked babes chase a young guy onto the beach ...... just one question. Why the hell was he running

Comment

This Advert is probably my all time fave. As a kid I didn't really know much about the cold war or the "Soviet threat" but I remember asking my mum what they were singing about. I recall her telling me there were people who like war and people who don't and those kids were singing to those that did.

YouTube - Coca Cola - I Am The Future Of The World - 1986 - UK Advert

Comment

Never seen that one before. But maybe it was a US one, didn't we have the New Seekers doing it instead?

Comment

Working...
                                X