Carry On, Carry On's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carry On, Carry On's

I'm not sure which one I like but I've liked almost all the ones I've seen.

Apart from Sargent & Cabby most of the B&W ones don't get on TV often, same with the later ones.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      I'm not sure which one I like but I've liked almost all the ones I've seen.

Apart from Sargent & Cabby most of the B&W ones don't get on TV often, same with the later ones.
      ive never seen the black and white on.
      carry on teacher,carry on cabby etc.

if u watch carry on sergeant a lot of the roles they play is what they went on to be on other carry ons.

hattie jacques was a medical officer cr.
      she went on to be a nirse doctor in 4 others i think.
      carry on matron and doctor being two.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Another interesting fact: Charles Hawtrey was due to be in Carry on Cruising but when he complained that he didn't have a star on his dressing room door and that Kenneth Williams was billed higher than him, he walked oout.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinney68 View Post
          Another interesting fact: Charles Hawtrey was due to be in Carry on Cruising but when he complained that he didn't have a star on his dressing room door and that Kenneth Williams was billed higher than him, he walked oout.
          silly reason for him to walk out.

cheers dor that.

Comment

I loved Carry on Dick, Carry on Henry,Carry on Cleo (I loved the bit where the bodyguard fell out of the rolled up carpet and Mark Anthony thought it was Cleopatra "is that her???!!"), Carry on up the Khyber and Carry on Screaming.

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
              I loved Carry on Dick, Carry on Henry,Carry on Cleo (I loved the bit where the bodyguard fell out of the rolled up carpet and Mark Anthony thought it was Cleopatra "is that her???!!"), Carry on up the Khyber and Carry on Screaming.
              carry on cleo has amanda barrie as cleo,who went on to be in corrie.
              seem to be a fan of the history ones ann.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                carry on cleo has amanda barrie as cleo,who went on to be in corrie.
                seem to be a fan of the history ones ann.
                Yeah I like the costume ones alright. I remember reading somewhere that the cast enjoyed filming those too. The hospital ones were good too...especially Carry on again doctor'.
                Amanda Barrie was instantly recognisable when she came into Corrie first 'cos of her very distinctive appearance. I think I saw her in one other Carry on film but I don't remember which one. I thought it was Carry on Constable but I had a look at the cast list on Google and she's not mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
                  Yeah I like the costume ones alright. I remember reading somewhere that the cast enjoyed filming those too. The hospital ones were good too...especially Carry on again doctor'.
                  Amanda Barrie was instantly recognisable when she came into Corrie first 'cos of her very distinctive appearance. I think I saw her in one other Carry on film but I don't remember which one. I thought it was Carry on Constable but I had a look at the cast list on Google and she's not mentioned.
                  hi ann.
                  amanda barrie real name shirley anne broadbent was in carry on cabby from 1963 she played anthea.
                  in carry on cleo where she was rolled up in a caeprt she suffer a nad injiry after coming out of the carpet.
                  i think she lost some teeth.
                  she insisted on doing it herseld although the producer i think wanted to use a stunt double
                  Last edited by darren; 19-01-2012, 02:37.

Comment

On a recent progamme Amanda Barrie mentioned was going to be wrapped in the carpet because her stunt double was late, but at the last minute the stand in turned up & had to do the roll into the table, which caused her to suffer the above mentioned injuries.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                      On a recent progamme Amanda Barrie mentioned was going to be wrapped in the carpet because her stunt double was late, but at the last minute the stand in turned up & had to do the roll into the table, which caused her to suffer the above mentioned injuries.
                      Yes thats it.
                      could not exactly remember the details.
                      thanks rich.

i watced that programme.

Comment

Cool, thanks Darren and Richard. I love hearing bits about what goes on behind the scenes. When I was young it was a real treat when one of the Carry ons was on. I've a memory of staying in my auntie's farm one summer when we were all sitting in our pjs watching Carry on Doc. It was at the bit where Barbara Windsor arrived on the trolley with the sparkly things on her boobies when my uncle arrived in with a big bag of mushrooms he'd gathered fresh from the fields. We all sat round the telly with our bowls of mushrooms and bread and butter to dip in the juice.

Comment

Carry On Abroad was filmed on a car park after having tons of sand brought in for the beach scenes.
                          Hattie Jacques was unable to be insured for the making of this film due to her weight, so her character was confined to the kitchen for her scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                            Carry On Abroad was filmed on a car park after having tons of sand brought in for the beach scenes.
                            Hattie Jacques was unable to be insured for the making of this film due to her weight, so her character was confined to the kitchen for her scenes.
                            That is interesting Nugs. I also read that the cast were not all that happy, some even threatened to quit, when they found out it was not going to be filmed in Spain.
                            Last edited by Donald the Great; 06-03-2018, 01:17.

Comment

Carry On At Your Convenience was the first "Carry On" film to lose money at the box-office and only broke even in 1976 after television deals and distribution rights and had been sold. Its failure at the box- office was largely down to the fact it was clearly an anti - union film.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                                Carry On At Your Convenience was the first "Carry On" film to lose money at the box-office and only broke even in 1976 after television deals and distribution rights and had been sold. Its failure at the box- office was largely down to the fact it was clearly an anti - union film.
                                That is very interesting trivia Donny.
                                Carry On Camping was filmed in the winter so the grass in the camp site had to be spray painted green, and thin wire mesh was placed over the top to stop the cast from sinking into mud while walking on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X