Carry On, Carry On's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carry On, Carry On's

Gotta say I never like Frankie Howerd much.. over acted big time.

Comment

Camping was filmed during a rainy autumn that produced loads of mud. This can be seen frequently through the film, including people sinking & slipping. To hide the mud, green paint was used. The leaves (which had by now either dropped or turned brown) were spray-painted. Oh the glamor of cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
        I can believe that about Silvers. Was he on something or sotted to the eyeballs. He spoiled that film and no mistake.

Silvers was losing his sight, so had to wear contact lenses as well as spectacles. I think the producers were trying to crack the US market, hence the inclusion of Silvers. I used to think he was in it due to Sid James's heart attack, but the dates don't match. I think Sid would have been better as the Sgt.

Comment

Camping was filmed during a rainy autumn that produced loads of mud. This can be seen frequently through the film, including people sinking & slipping. To hide the mud, green paint was used. The leaves (which had by now either dropped or turned brown) were spray-painted. Oh the glamor of cinema.
          Remember we watched it at the same time, opposite sides of the world but we still chatted through out! Haha.

Comment

Gotta say I never like Frankie Howerd much.. over acted big time.
            I loved Frakie Howerd in the Carry Ons. He brought a different dimension to the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
              Remember we watched it at the same time, opposite sides of the world but we still chatted through out! Haha.
              Sure did Nugs. I have plenty more trivia to come. Here is another from Camping.

Betty Marsden was terrified of riding the tandem bicycle while Terry Scott found the ride very painful as evidently he suffered haemoroids during filming. ha ha. Did you know that Nugs?

Comment

Sure did Nugs. I have plenty more trivia to come. Here is another from Camping.

Betty Marsden was terrified of riding the tandem bicycle while Terry Scott found the ride very painful as evidently he suffered haemoroids during filming. ha ha. Did you know that Nugs?
                Haha! No i didn't know this! Haemoroids are painful enough, but to ride a bike with them.... Ouch!! Haha

Comment

As far as I know, Betty Marsden only appeared in Camping, and it has always surprised me that she didn't appear in more. I am not sure, but her involvement in Round the Horne may have ended by the time she made Camping--owing to Kenneth Horne's sudden death.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                    As far as I know, Betty Marsden only appeared in Camping, and it has always surprised me that she didn't appear in more. I am not sure, but her involvement in Round the Horne may have ended by the time she made Camping--owing to Kenneth Horne's sudden death.
                    Round the Horne presumably was a sitcom? Yes surprises me too as Betty's laugh would have gone a long way...just like Sid's did.

Anybody have a new one?

Comment

Round the Horne presumably was a sitcom? Yes surprises me too as Betty's laugh would have gone a long way...just like Sid's did.

Anybody have a new one?

Round the Horne was a radio comedy. It had a humour style that was full of innuendo and double entendre, just like the Carry Ons. Kenneth Williams also starred in it.

Comment

Peter Butterworth was in the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm during WW2. He was shot down in 1940 and spent the rest of the war in German POW camps, one being Stalag Luft III, scene of the Great Escape. Also there was Talbot Rothwell, writer of many of the Carry Ons. Butterworth and Rothwell formed a double act in the camp to entertain the POWs and their act helped to mask the sounds of escape tunnel digging.

Comment

Round the Horne was a radio comedy. It had a humour style that was full of innuendo and double entendre, just like the Carry Ons. Kenneth Williams also starred in it.
                          I'll have to google Round The Horne, i've never heard of it. In Carry On Camping Sid James had an old caravan where he and Babs would go to inbetween filming.

Comment

Peter Butterworth was in the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm during WW2. He was shot down in 1940 and spent the rest of the war in German POW camps, one being Stalag Luft III, scene of the Great Escape. Also there was Talbot Rothwell, writer of many of the Carry Ons. Butterworth and Rothwell formed a double act in the camp to entertain the POWs and their act helped to mask the sounds of escape tunnel digging.
                            Very interesting, i never knew Peter Butterworth was a POW.

Comment

Anybody have a new one?
                              I have a new one. My colleague just told me this, she said she thinks it's Carry On Nurse, and Kenneth Connors character is a boxer who has an injured hand, his hand is bandaged up, my colleague says he had a real life hand injury and it was written into the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                                I'll have to google Round The Horne, i've never heard of it. In Carry On Camping Sid James had an old caravan where he and Babs would go to inbetween filming.
                                The filthy old man.. ha ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X