Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carry On, Carry On's

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    I have a new one. My colleague just told me this, she said she thinks it's Carry On Nurse, and Kenneth Connors character is a boxer who has an injured hand, his hand is bandaged up, my colleague says he had a real life hand injury and it was written into the film.
    Never knew that Nugs. Pity he did not have a mouth injury.

Comment

Peter Rogers was uncertain in adding "Doctor" in the movie title, in fear that the makers of the Doctor in the House series would sue him. His wife (who owned copyright of the Doctor series) allowed him to, and was paid a percentage of the credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
        Never knew that Nugs. Pity he did not have a mouth injury.
        Ahhhhh Donny i liked Kenneth Connors, which reminds me, his real life son played his son in Nurse.

Comment

The filthy old man.. ha ha.
          Definitely!!

Comment

Peter Rogers was uncertain in adding "Doctor" in the movie title, in fear that the makers of the Doctor in the House series would sue him. His wife (who owned copyright of the Doctor series) allowed him to, and was paid a percentage of the credit.
            I didn't know this. I like Doctor In Trouble starring Leslie Philips, i laugh my socks off each time i watch it!

Comment

I didn't know this. I like Doctor In Trouble starring Leslie Philips, i laugh my socks off each time i watch it!

Is that the one set on a cruise ship with Harry Secombe as a pools or premium bonds winner?

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                Is that the one set on a cruise ship with Harry Secombe as a pools or premium bonds winner?
                Yeah that's the one, and Leslie Philips is in fact a stowaway .

Comment

Yeah that's the one, and Leslie Philips is in fact a stowaway .

Thanks, Nuggy. That's a good one and has a Carry On feel to it.

Comment

Doctor in Trouble. Of course Nugs I was trying to think about that one where Phillips is a stowaway. Harry stole the show. Brilliant. Whattabout his laugh.

Comment

In Doctor Kenneth Williams originally turned down the role of Dr Tinkle and was given Francis Bigger, but found fault with the role and returned to the Tinkle character.

Comment

Doctor in Trouble. Of course Nugs I was trying to think about that one where Phillips is a stowaway. Harry stole the show. Brilliant. Whattabout his laugh.
                        Yeah Harry was great in this. He had an infectious laugh!

Comment

In Carry on Screaming, Charles Hawtrey wasn't originally in the cast, but the US distributors insisted on him being in it as he had proven very popular with audiences in previous films. The actor who originally was to play Dan Dann was replaced by Hawtrey. I think this probably explains why his part is much smaller in this one than in previous Carry Ons.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                            In Carry on Screaming, Charles Hawtrey wasn't originally in the cast, but the US distributors insisted on him being in it as he had proven very popular with audiences in previous films. The actor who originally was to play Dan Dann was replaced by Hawtrey. I think this probably explains why his part is much smaller in this one than in previous Carry Ons.
                            Imagine having your first name and surname the same, that's funny in itself

Comment

Just thinking about the Carry Ons, particularly the later ones where innuendo and double entendres were more to the fore. Does anyone else consider that the Frankie Howard 'Up' series of films, Up Pompeii, Up the Chastity Belt and Up the Front have a bit of a Carry On feel to them? I would also put the trio of 'On the Buses' films also into that category, though possibly more tentatively. I mean, if there had been a Carry on Busman made in the late 60s/early 70s, can anyone else see Sid James playing the Stan Butler character?

Comment

Imagine having your first name and surname the same, that's funny in itself
                                Nugs. Hawtrey would not have been a full blown alchoholic then so his popularity was at its peak. Interested to know why Peter Rogers kept him out of the cast of Screaming in the first place. Dan Dann the Dunny (Aussie expression for toilet) Man. ha ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X