Monster Munch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Munch

Does anybody remember when Monster Munch crisps firstcame out they used to have a monster fact file on the back of the packet? I used to collect all these but they must have gotten lost or thrown away over time... would love to see them again.

Re: Monster Munch

I remember that there was a cartoon picture for example of the Loch Ness Monster with a brief description of it next to it and when Clash of the Titans came out at the cinema they did a run of Mytological monsters.

Comment

i had these regular and cant ever remember them having a monster fact file when was this year wise mate and how long did it go on for.
      really intrigues me this.

Originally posted by doomlord73 View Post
      Does anybody remember when Monster Munch crisps firstcame out they used to have a monster fact file on the back of the packet? I used to collect all these but they must have gotten lost or thrown away over time... would love to see them again.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

This was when they first came out, they were called "Monster Facts" and were on the back of the packet, there was a small rectangular cartoony picture of a legendary monster e.g. Big foot, Loch Ness Monster, the Sphinx, ect and there was a small bit of info next to the picture, i remember i used to collect these when i was in primary school so this would have been in the late 70s early 80s, I remember them running for quite a while, when Clash of the Titans was released at the cinema i remember they had Mytological theme. I collected quite a few of them but think i lost them during a move...Shame as id like to see them again.

Comment

They were originally released in 1977 under the name 'The Prime Monster' by Smiths Crisps, they were renamed Monster Munch in 1978.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Munch

Comment

I remember the 'make your own monster' where you could cut out the monster shapes from the back of the packet. Miss the old flavours too- bacon and salt and vinegar were best.

Comment

Working...
            X