Who sang 'Colour It Blue'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who sang 'Colour It Blue'?

Help! I've been trying for years to find out who sang a song I loved in the mid 80's. Thought for ages it might have been the Europeans or just maybe Psychadelic Furs but it wasn't. I think it was called Colour It Blue, but that might be just cos that's the main theme of the lyrics.
    Lyrics go something like 'There's so much here, to remind me of you, the memory of love, colour it blue' and then somewhere later 'colour it me, colour it you, colour it blue'

If anyone knows the song I'd be really grateful and can give up that nagging, annoying feeling of not remembering the band. Thanks

Re: Who sang 'Colour It Blue'?

A couple of songs that spring to mind are Cabaret Voltaire 'Blue Heat' or Fine Young Cannibals 'Blue' but the lyrics don't match?

Comment

Originally posted by Leinstergirl13 View Post
      Help! I've been trying for years to find out who sang a song I loved in the mid 80's. Thought for ages it might have been the Europeans or just maybe Psychadelic Furs but it wasn't. I think it was called Colour It Blue, but that might be just cos that's the main theme of the lyrics.
      Lyrics go something like 'There's so much here, to remind me of you, the memory of love, colour it blue' and then somewhere later 'colour it me, colour it you, colour it blue'

If anyone knows the song I'd be really grateful and can give up that nagging, annoying feeling of not remembering the band. Thanks
      The only one I could find that had similar lyrics was this:

Reba McEntire 'Indelibly Blue'

Lost in the city
      Deserted and cold
      Watching the cars passing by
      There all going places
      That we used to go
      And it's driving me out of my mind

And it's making me blue
      Indelibly blue
      I can't erase the memories of me and you
      Indelibly blue

They say when one love is ended
      Another is born
      That's no consolation to me
      Just show me some sunlight
      A rose without thorns
      And maybe I'll start to believe

And it's making me blue
      Indelibly blue
      Indelibly blue
      Well just color me blue

Oh all my life
      I've waited for one love to make it alright
      But now I feel heartaches and tears
      Of a sad souvenirs that you left me
      Since you left me
      I'll just go on a day at a time
      Trying in vain to forget you
      But time and again you enter my mind
      Someday I swear I won't let you

And it's making me blue
      Indelibly blue
      Indelibly blue
      Cause baby I'm blue

And it's making me blue
      Indelibly blue
      Indelibly blue
      So just color me blue

Comment

Aahh thank you for looking, wasn't Reba M though. Sounds like a lovely song so I'll check that one out too.

Comment

Thank you, I love FYC. I can hear the song in my head and vocals sound like Psychadelic Furs vocals. I'll keep searching methinks but am really grateful for your help.

Comment

The first song that came to mind was 'Love Is A Wonderful Colour' by the Icicle Works, but the lyrics don't fit!

Comment

Originally posted by Leinstergirl13 View Post

i think the song is colouring book sung by dusty Springfield hope that helps

Comment

The one "Blue" song that I can think of is "Johnny Blue" by Lithuanian-born German singer Lena Valaitis.

Comment

Dusty Springfield colouring book

Comment

Working...
                  X