Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steptoe and Son

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    Did they ever show them inside the skinners arms it was mentioned but I cant remember an episode with them in their local?
    It was mentioned a lot, but I don't ever recall an actual scene in there either.

I find that the earlier series of Steptoe & Son were better, right from the Comedy Playhouse episode which started it off (and which was intended originally, like all of the Comedy Playhouse productions, to be a one-off story). After the show took a break for a few years and then re-appeared in the early 1970's, it seemed to become rather darker in tone.

It's also worth noting that both Steptoe & Son and Dad's Army were adapted to radio versions after they started out on television, as happened with some later shows, such as Yes, Minister.

Comment

Re: Steptoe and Son

One episode when Harold went to see a pyschatrist,when he went back in time as a 10 year old showing him sitting outside the skinners arms with a bottle of lemonade,freezing cold waiting for the old man to come out drunk,where he had to take him home in the back of the cart

Comment

Working...
      X