CB RADIO..What was your "Handle" ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CB RADIO..What was your "Handle" ??

Did you have a branch of REACT in your area ? They were a bunch of people who monitored channel 9 for emergency purposes. No mobile phone back then and it was very handy for the broken down motorist to get assistance. I was one of those monitors for over 4 years until the wallies in the area stamped all over channel 9 and made it impossible to continue.
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Re: CB RADIO..What was your &quot;Handle&quot; ??

CB's never had one myself but my mate had one and my other mate his mum and dad had one,his parents were well into it and had a massive aerial on there roof.They were transmitting worldwide (i think) The size of the aerial I thought they were at the time.

My other mate had a small one in his bedroom that we would mess about on,but for the life of me I can't remember the handles of any of these people.
      That's how much an impression CB's had on me growing up....
      sigpic

Comment

I always wanted one but never had one. The kids up the road had one, with the aerial mounted on a Quality Street tin. A few years later some other kid I knew had one in his room and his mum had one in the kitchen, possibly to monitor what he was up to on it.

I also desperately wanted handheld walkie talkies, another mate had some great ones so we used to go over the common and pretend to be soldiers.

Comment

It was way back in the eightie's when I last used my 'handle, as it was WOTSIT! Yeah!! well, I couldn't think of anything that fitted, so my mum
          suggested wotsit, as in the corn snack. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!?!

Comment

cheesy
            sigpic

Comment

mine was Dartanion as i think Huggie has already mentioned earlier
              sigpic

Comment

I had a base unit CB in my room and I managed to get a walkie talkie CB too. Although I would say that due to the size of it and the fact it ran off 10 AA batteries you couldn't carry it for long.

Handle was Big Dipper (named after my fav roller coaster)
                Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                sigpic

Comment

yep i had one as well from about 1981 till 1995
                  i was space invader (named after the game) and i remember
                  14 being the call channel and 19 was for truckers but then 14 died out
                  yep channel 9 was for emergencies too and also every sunday they used to have news on there lol
                  also there was a wally of the week announced,
                  every wednesday night we had a eyeball club, which was great fun

i also had a handheld 1 but preffered the homebase could get further on it i had a silver rod airiel
                  Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
                  Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

My handle was Tomcat from chesham bucks . i got my cb in 1979 am days was good fun. and joined a club in chesham. and went to fm still got a cb in the 4x4 for offroading. Now live up in norfolk
                    Last edited by sixtyten; 05-12-2007, 01:13.

Comment

i had loads of handles in the 80s
                      red devil
                      silver surfer
                      saturn 3
                      and my all time fav grave digger
                      want that one

Comment

Mine was Firecracker. We used to have a di-pole on the side of the house, plus a handheld CB that ate up like 8 AA batteries every week - and batteries weren't cheap back then. Now you can buy about 10 in Poundland.

Did eyeball someone once but they never turned up. Shocking.

Comment

my handle used to be cue ball (was mad on snooker) then as i got older and more sillyer it became big banana from the dagenham 20 good bud !

Comment

Mine was Technotronic, got mine in the late 80`s as a mate got bored with his and gave it to me.

Comment

my handle was " MUSHY PEA "
                              don't know why i picked that name. but i seemed to be a popular breaker 10 - 4 do you copy!!

Comment

Mine was HAIRBEAR ( sadly cause of my frizzy hair, obvious really!) My dad's PERCULATOR because he always drunk alot of coffee

Comment

Working...
                                X