Sir alex Ferguson reitires at Manchester Utd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir alex Ferguson reitires at Manchester Utd

Sir Alex has retired today after 26 years as Manager. Though i'm not a Manchester Utd fan I totaly respect everything Sir Alex has achieved as Manager at Manchester Utd. I doubt they will ever ever be another Manager like him or one that will be anywhere close in what they have achieved as Manager of any Football Club. Only Wenger can be near to him Sir Alex in modern times of trophy's I think - but even he has along way to go I think.

I would like Wenger to be givenconsideration for the Job even though i'm unsure quite a lot if this may be so for a few reasons. It will sure be interesting to note who takes over, but I think Sven Goran Ericsson may be a good choice too, though again I am unsure. It would good to recieve any replies from other member's think might be possibility's?

Thanks,
    80s Chav

Re: Sir alex Ferguson reitires at Manchester Utd

I think David Moyes looks set for the managerial post at ManU. He'll do a good job if he gets it too , but at the same time I think Man U's era of dominance will be over. I say that because we're entering an NFL style era where billionaires will own *every* club in the Prem and as such no one club will be able to be top dog for several years anymore (like Man U did and Liverpool did 20 years prior). It's a good time for Ferguson to get out.

Regarding other possible managers, I think Mourinho might have wanted it too but I don't hear much about him lately for the job. I couldn't see Eriksson even being in the running and afaik Wenger is off to PSG next season.

Anyway, I was just pondering it today and I think Ferguson was officially the last link I have from my formative period watching football. By that I mean I started watching the game regularly in 1989. Since that year every single player has retired or at least switched clubs/dropped down a level and every manager has either left or moved on to some other post.

Ferguson was officially the last appointment remaining from when I started watching the game in 1989. So it's truly end of an era stuff for me personally.

Comment

mourinho only ever stays for a few yrs anywhere he goes so id not want him.
      whoever takes over is getting a very group of players so no reason why success should not continue.
      moyes is very like ferguson in many ways.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Another Scot in charge

Comment

indeed mate.
          they have had great success with scots.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
          Another Scot in charge

Comment

Is it the accent they like

Comment

Moyes has a massive job to do and it will be hard

If the success continues everyone will say it is because of the foundations/squad that he inherited and if it goes badly it will be because he isnt as good as Fergie

having said that he is a good manager and I hope he does well ..... but not too well
              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

who do you support then mate.
                but yeah i agree with your comments.

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post
                Moyes has a massive job to do and it will be hard

If the success continues everyone will say it is because of the foundations/squad that he inherited and if it goes badly it will be because he isnt as good as Fergie

having said that he is a good manager and I hope he does well ..... but not too well

Comment

I acknowledge he can be a good manager, but he's an awful, awful man and I think football will be better off without him, ultimately.

Farewell, Fergie Time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                    who do you support then mate.
                    but yeah i agree with your comments.
                    I am a long suffering Aston Villa Fan
                    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

There will never be another manager like him because chairmen are to fond of firing their managers for the slightest dips in form, no one (maybe Arsene Wenger beside) will be given the time and patience that Sir Alex had.

Comment

Working...
                      X