No announcement yet.

what tv show have you been watching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: what tv show have you been watching.

There Has Been Rubbish on tv During Lockdown .

So I Have Been Watching the late night repeats Only Fools & Horses On Gold.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Watched an episode of The Twilight Zone (b/w).
      This particular title was called 'To Serve Man.'
      It was about aliens on board a flying saucer that arrive on Earth to help Man. Show us how to prevent wars, reduce hunger, to live in harmony. A book titled 'To Serve Man' was presented to the scientists on Earth by the aliens, but it was written in code and could not be deciphered.
      Men, women and children were even invited to go to the planet the aliens came from to see how they lived in unison.
      At the end of the show a female scientist successfully decoded the book....

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusesfan View Post
        There Has Been Rubbish on tv During Lockdown .

So I Have Been Watching the late night repeats Only Fools & Horses On Gold.
        I have watched mostly repeats in the last 5 months or so nothing decent on these days

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
          I have watched mostly repeats in the last 5 months or so nothing decent on these days
          Some good dramas available to watch on BBC I player
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Randall & Hopkirk on channel 48 every night at 8pm

Comment

I started watching Dad's Army yesterday. I purchased the complete series a few days ago.
              Watched episode one only ro realise that all the subsequent episodes were a flashback.

Here is the details I researched after the show:

The very first episode of Dad's Army, The Man and the Hour, begins with a scene set in the 'present day' - 1968, when the show was first broadcast. In the scene, an elderly Mainwaring gives a patriotic address recalling his time in the Home Guard as a way to endorse Harold Wilson's "I'm Backing Britain" campaign. So all that follows - over the whole of the 80 episodes of the sitcom - is technically a flashback!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
                I started watching Dad's Army yesterday. I purchased the complete series a few days ago.
                Watched episode one only ro realise that all the subsequent episodes were a flashback.

Here is the details I researched after the show:

The very first episode of Dad's Army, The Man and the Hour, begins with a scene set in the 'present day' - 1968, when the show was first broadcast. In the scene, an elderly Mainwaring gives a patriotic address recalling his time in the Home Guard as a way to endorse Harold Wilson's "I'm Backing Britain" campaign. So all that follows - over the whole of the 80 episodes of the sitcom - is technically a flashback!
                I didn't realise that until a few years ago, mostly because the black & white episodes are rarely repeated.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Old Coronation st on ITV 3 is a marvel, un-like Today's new Creime-Horror ridden Episodes that are issue lead

After watching Bread and Hi De Hi earlier on prior to and/in early Lockdown ... discovering this by "chance" is a close 2nd Marvel!!

80sChav

Comment

About "Doctor Gummidge' - Charlotte Coleman who played Sue in Worzel Gummidge was a more tragic loss than Bert Wee who was 76
                    http://www.youtube.com/v/wW6mqRyWNak

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                      My fave is Ed stafford, the guys stamina and determination are extraordinary, useful living in Manchester!
                      I've worked in Manchester
                      Had a few good nights out there too.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                        Was flicking through channels came across Heartbeat episode on ITV 3,where Lulu appeared she sang To Sir with love cant recall seeing this before.
                        I think Charlotte Church appeared in an episode too when she was younger, she sings so effortlessly.

Comment

Chibnall is saying Doctor Who fans are concentrating on the bad things about his tenure and not the good things.

All The Icebergs I Didn’t Hit: A Memoir” by the captain of the Titanic.
                          http://www.youtube.com/v/wW6mqRyWNak

Comment

Just finished reading the book Bruce Lee, A Life. By Matthew Polly. Fantastic book.
                            Just watched Enter the Dragon, which I haven't seen for over 20 years.
                            In the book, Bruce Lee wanted to be cast in the series Kung Fu. But his accent was too much Cantonese. Instead, the main role was given to David Carradine. I recall watching the series in the mid 70s.

Comment

A documentary on Woodstock

Comment

I'm working my way through Pennies From Heaven, my recently deceased Dad really liked Dennis Potter's dramas, and so far this has lived up to it's reputation.

I might buy the Singing Detective next, as that's supposed to be really good, but it's currently out of print on DVD & second hand copies can be expensive.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X