No announcement yet.

what tv show have you been watching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: what tv show have you been watching.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I didn't realise that until a few years ago, mostly because the black & white episodes are rarely repeated.
    There is a reason for that - most people pay a colour TV licence, hence the fact that they want to see colour episodes.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      I'm working my way through Pennies From Heaven, my recently deceased Dad really liked Dennis Potter's dramas, and so far this has lived up to it's reputation.

I might buy the Singing Detective next, as that's supposed to be really good, but it's currently out of print on DVD & second hand copies can be expensive.

The scene where the man in a hospital bed covered in grease - cue Nurse spreading it around his parts, and the Protagonist is thinking in his mind about something boring so that he doesn't give the illusion that he fancies her, so to speak: "think of a boring speech, the works of Shakespeare" or something, so that it doesn't develop into a sub-Carry On situation. Cue "Goodnight Sweetheart" starting up in the end, (or "Grease is the Word" if you were watching the Hale and Pace parody of that scene).
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
        The scene where the man in a hospital bed covered in grease - cue Nurse spreading it around his parts, and the Protagonist is thinking in his mind about something boring so that he doesn't give the illusion that he fancies her, so to speak: "think of a boring speech, the works of Shakespeare" or something, so that it doesn't develop into a sub-Carry On situation. Cue "Goodnight Sweetheart" starting up in the end, (or "Grease is the Word" if you were watching the Hale and Pace parody of that scene).
        That reminds me of that jokey line .

“ You can never have too much lube !! “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Par the usual rubbish that is Modern TV, from Lockdown onwards from April - it was Bread and Hi Di Hi!, then other old classics like Birds Of A Feather that are on Drama etc - now Classic Coronation Street on ITV3 - that I have to say is a massive improvement on the modern issue led days - like Thelma Barlow (Mavis) hinted at not too long back re;, mnasty stuff on there. It is almost a treat to watch these Episodes from 1995 upto 96 where we are now as all I can really recall from the first time around was Maxine and Fiona as this coincided with the start of my "pub going days at 18" and as we never had "catch up" then you had to use the aid of a Video Player/Recorder and in those day's I did'nt think it warranted that ... untila few years later, but yeah the old characters like Maxine and Fiona and Curly and Raquel and Des and their very short-lived marrage etc make for great viweing (as well as hints of the Cruise Ship episode of Xmas 95) that I think I still have on Video somewhere - though it was as drab as watching Paint Dry i recall as was the other Video with Reg and the Emmerdale collaberation with Mandy in either Venice or Australia (I have forgot which) too

It will be interesting when we "hit" 1999 in the not too distant future I think and/or if we see the special "Brighton Belles" week that ran all week (par may-be the Sunday) and included Sat showing at 10pm every night and had the last appearances of Vicky and Reg in it and probably was Vickram's (Dev's relative's) most famous spell before he "transferred" to Emmerdale. Also of note I believe too this was Bet Gilroy/Lynch's Penultimate spell before a very brief (matter of weeks - if not week long return) in either 2002 or 2003!

Comment

First and 2nd episodes on series 1 of Death in Paradise

Comment

Regarding Classic Coronation Street on ITV3, I believe that they are in July to August 1996 (around the point when I became an adult, and an episode was even seen on my 18th birthday as well, alas). One thing from that point that I do remember is Des Barnes inviting mother and daughter Claire (played by Maggie Norris, cf Only Fools and Horses; Bergerac, etc), and Becky Palmer (played by Emily "older sister of Sam" Aston) to live with him. It is just before it went "four times a week" on us and so the quality started to wane a bit. Of course, the Cruise video got Granada into hot water when they shown it on ITV and annoyed viewers went to Right to Reply and the ITC accusing Granada of misleading them, because the video mentioned that it would never be shown on TV.

Apart from that, I don't suppose that YouTube videos count even though I can watch them on my TV set. Great to see Ronnie win the World Snooker the other week, although I wanted Kyren to win.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Just began watching the 70s series Kung Fu, starring David Carradine.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
                  Just began watching the 70s series Kung Fu, starring David Carradine.
                  I watched it in the 70’s ... compulsive viewing back then ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It would have been John Lennon's 80th birthday yesterday so I watched top 2 with Yoko Ono's choice of his songs.Also watched most of the documentary about when they moved to NYC

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                      It would have been John Lennon's 80th birthday yesterday so I watched top 2 with Yoko Ono's choice of his songs.Also watched most of the documentary about when they moved to NYC
                      Loved the Beatles but not Lennons solo work
                      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Watched 70s TV the picture quality was awful

Comment

Saturday evening TV feels different due to Casualty being absent - that Little Mix thing being on, and Strictly finishing earlier this year.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Corrie on in six minutes, there is so little worth watching I've stayed with it even when it's particularly daft and despite the CBC moving it's airtime around. We are just at the bit where Daniel is going to return the 5,000 pounds to Geoff Metcalfe. I wish they'd end the Metcalfe Sr. storyline soon, I want to see the jerk off the show (though must be a good actor to make me hate the character). I'd seen the actor of Geoff and also the actor of Tim, his son, on a George Gently or Foyle's War before they were on Corrie and they are both good, but not necessarily likable.
                            My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Foyles War 2 hr episodes really good

Comment

Last night I watched The Invisible Man starring David McCallum. A 1975 series.

Comment

Working...
                                X