Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135
Results 1,341 to 1,346 of 1346

Thread: what tv show have you been watching.

Default Re: what tv show have you been watching.

I started watching Dad's Army yesterday. I purchased the complete series a few days ago.
    Watched episode one only ro realise that all the subsequent episodes were a flashback.

Here is the details I researched after the show:

The very first episode of Dad's Army, The Man and the Hour, begins with a scene set in the 'present day' - 1968, when the show was first broadcast. In the scene, an elderly Mainwaring gives a patriotic address recalling his time in the Home Guard as a way to endorse Harold Wilson's "I'm Backing Britain" campaign. So all that follows - over the whole of the 80 episodes of the sitcom - is technically a flashback!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    I started watching Dad's Army yesterday. I purchased the complete series a few days ago.
    Watched episode one only ro realise that all the subsequent episodes were a flashback.

Here is the details I researched after the show:

The very first episode of Dad's Army, The Man and the Hour, begins with a scene set in the 'present day' - 1968, when the show was first broadcast. In the scene, an elderly Mainwaring gives a patriotic address recalling his time in the Home Guard as a way to endorse Harold Wilson's "I'm Backing Britain" campaign. So all that follows - over the whole of the 80 episodes of the sitcom - is technically a flashback!
    I didn't realise that until a few years ago, mostly because the black & white episodes are rarely repeated.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Old Coronation st on ITV 3 is a marvel, un-like Today's new Creime-Horror ridden Episodes that are issue lead

After watching Bread and Hi De Hi earlier on prior to and/in early Lockdown ... discovering this by "chance" is a close 2nd Marvel!!

80sChav

About "Doctor Gummidge' - Charlotte Coleman who played Sue in Worzel Gummidge was a more tragic loss than Bert Wee who was 76

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    My fave is Ed stafford, the guys stamina and determination are extraordinary, useful living in Manchester!
    I've worked in Manchester
    Had a few good nights out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Was flicking through channels came across Heartbeat episode on ITV 3,where Lulu appeared she sang To Sir with love cant recall seeing this before.
    I think Charlotte Church appeared in an episode too when she was younger, she sings so effortlessly.